Reutzel runs win total to seven – New York triple on deck this weekend

Reutzel Runs Win Total to Seven – New York Triple on Deck this Weekend

by Lonnie Wheatley

CLUTE, Texas (July 12, 2019) – Another weekend of All Star Circuit of Champions competition netted another win for reigning series champion Aaron Reutzel and the Baughman-Reutzel Motorsports No. 87 Sprint Car team.

Reutzel is looking for more this weekend with a set of events in New York beginning at Utica-Rome Speedway on Friday that is in neither Utica nor Rome but in Vernon.  From there, action shifts to Middletown’s Orange County Speedway on Saturday and then West Lebanon’s Lebanon Valley Speedway on Sunday.

“It’s really the start of another Speedweek for us,” Reutzel says.  “We do these three nights, then we get one night off before five straight nights with the World of Outlaws in Ohio.”

Reutzel rides into New York with momentum on the side of the Folkens Brothers Trucking/Dissolvalloy Downhole Revolution Triple-X team after a triumph at Lernerville Speedway last Friday and then a fifth-place finish at Sharon Speedway on Saturday.

And Reutzel will be the first to admit that the Sharon finish could have been a better one.

“I set fast time by three-tenths of a second,” Reutzel said of his qualifying run.  “I guess I was thinking about something on the car, and I just drove right past the scales and back to the pits.  I haven’t done that since the Micro Sprint days.”

With his time disallowed, Reutzel rallied from last in his heat race to third to secure the 13th starting position for the feature.  Running around tenth midway through the feature, Reutzel got on the move and made his way up to fifth in the closing laps aboard the Precision Catalyst/Hollywood Blasting & Coating/Beard Equipment machine.

“(Dale) Blaney was on his own level, but I think we had a second-place car,” Reutzel recalls.  “It was a good rebound for us after getting off to a bad start.”

After setting quick time the previous night at Lernerville, Reutzel and the Nattress Construction/Momentum Racing Suspensions team dealt with some adversity to achieve their seventh win of the year.

“The motor had a stumble and it wouldn’t clear out, and we couldn’t figure out exactly what the issue was,” Reutzel explains.  “So, after the Dash, we changed everything motor and fuel related.”

The hard work in the pit area paid off, with Reutzel needing just eight laps to race into the lead from seventh en route to another win.

“I was able to run right through the middle of the track and went straight to the lead,” Reutzel says of his fifth series win of the year.

Reutzel looks to chalk up more wins this weekend in the Empire State.

2019 Quick Stats:  39 races, 7 wins, 16 top-fives, 24 top-tens.

Next Up:  All Star Circuit of Champions at Utica-Rome Speedway on Friday, Orange County Fair Speedway on Saturday and Lebanon Valley Speedway on Sunday.  For those unable to attend, all three nights will be available live via PPV at www.speedshifttv.com.

Keep Track:  Keep track of Aaron Reutzel’s on-track action including schedule and results at http://www.aaronreutzelracing.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aaron-Reutzel-Racing/117666254913127 or on Twitter at @AaronReutzel.  You can also e-mail Aaron at aaronreutzel@yahoo.com.

If you would like Aaron Reutzel Racing press releases e-mailed directly to you, send your e-mail address to Lonnie Wheatley at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.