Remembering 21-Year Old Michael Taylor

Remembering 21-Year Old MichaelTaylor, Cibolo, TX 

by TJ Pruitt, DragCoverage Staff

5.jpg.e04ee49fbd35e660d4a8c8de2a4c45d8.jpg

21-Year old Michael Taylor of Cibolo, Texas was killed during the early morning of Sunday, June 30, 2019 in Cibolo, TX while returning from the drag strip with his Fiancé Kaylyn Pulaski after a Jeep Wrangler crossed into his lane and collided head-on with his Chevrolet 2500 pickup. The story and photos of the crash went viral over social media which show Taylor towing his Nova home after a night of drag racing. Kaylyn survived the crash and is here to tell his story.

His Nova will be repaired and race in his honor.

1.thumb.jpg.23329321ccb6bca495dff0fa010dfc70.jpg

Although this was a tragic accident, DragCoverage reached out to Kaylyn in hopes that the world of drag racing could remember him for the man he was, not the way his life ended.

Michael and Kaylyn were both from Cibolo, TX and were looking forward to their wedding scheduled for June 13, 2020.

2.thumb.jpg.3095deb4a3d4b7df21715d1da45525ff.jpg

“I am still wishing that this was a really bad dream and hoping I wake up and he’s here with me again,” Kaylyn said.

“Michael was a gentlemen and was always willing to help others. He had a heart that loved everyone. He was determined to go for his goals. Although he just started his racing career, he was in his car and was always trying to win.”

“He loved his family and me so much that he would do anything to protect us. And that’s what he did for me on the night he died.”

3.thumb.jpg.5b16e46b3c5dc4d64cf21b4686e72cfe.jpg

“Michael will always be remembered for his loving heart and strong willed determination.”

Ronny Odom posted “there are few young people these days that have the morals and gumption of this young man. A pleasant individual to be around. A hard working. Loving, passionate, caring, all around good guy. His love for his family, respect for his elders, and passion for his sport will truly be missed.”

4.thumb.jpg.472bf8f087bdaa5cbd62d7686ff361a2.jpg

“He would listen to advise, and in return give some of his own. I watched him grow up at the track, struggle and succeed with his endevors, grow to love and receive love. With his last action he selflessly saved the love of his life.”

“I am honored to have known him. Privileged beyond words to have met such a rare young person in todays times.”

We at DragCoverage are devastated on the passing of Michael and we pray for strength for his parents Amanda and Perry Taylor, family, friends, Kaylyn, and the racing community as we honor his life.

Below is a video of Michael racing the night before he lost his life.