July 6 @ Texana Raceway (updated 7/6 @ 6:30am)

BeachBum

TR SpeedNews

5cfc7f088ec89_TEXANALOGO2017jpg.thumb.jpg.11957b7c085a6a992435070f2f784dd5.jpg

July 6 @ Texana Raceway!

July 6 forecast.  88 degrees, sunny w/ SW breeze @ 11mph. 

Once again ... Perfect! 

C'yall @ da Show!!!

Taking to the 1/4-mile high banks on July 6th … the ground-pounding IMCA Modifieds, Sport Mods, Street Stocks, (Tony’s Mobile Home Repair) Factory Stocks, E-Mods, Dwarfs, Mod Lites, & Go Karts.

Just added to this Saturday night's schedule ... a "thundering" foot race for all kiddos (12 & under) down the front straightaway @ intermission!

Grandstands & Pits open @ 3pm, go karts at 5:30, & the SHOW STARTS @ 7pm sharp. Adults- $12.50 / seniors (55+) & military w/ID- $10.00 / Big Kids (6-12)- $6.00 / Little Kids (5 & under) are FREE … along with general parking.

Be sure to bring a serious “need 4 feed”, because the Speedway Cafe will be fully-stocked with a full compliment of scrumptious food … including our world-famous 100% Angus Beef Burgers & killer Fajita Tacos! A full compliment of drinks (soft & adult) will also be available.

Candlewood Suites in Victoria is our official “host hotel”… so be sure to use code: IEVFI to get your special “racers rate”. Prices start at only $70.00 for Texana Raceway racers & fans! Candlewood Suites is located at 7103 North Navarro Street. Website: CandlewoodSuites.com. Tel#: (361) 578-0236.

Texana Raceway is located in Edna, Texas ... just 3 miles (east) of US-59. For more info and/or detailed directions, please log-on @ TexanaRaceway.com, check us out on Facebook, or call our 24/7 racin’ hotline @ (361) 781-0411.

Texana Raceway

Your favorite small town dirt track”

Edited by BeachBum

I had one of those famous 100% Angus 1/2 lb cheeseburgers at our last race.  It came fully loaded ... and it took me over a 1/2 hour to polish it off.  Without a doubt, the biggest & best speedway burger I've ever eaten at any speed plant!!!

We'll have more of that tasty stuff smokin' away on the Traeger BBQ's (plus some red-hot racing) this Saturday night at the  ... :D  "Quickest lil' Track in Texas!"  :D  

Edited by BeachBum

Cooper, we're scheduled to have the invocation & national anthem @ 7pm. 

Then we host the heat races, followed by intermission.  

During intermission, we'll have foot races for the kids.

After intermission, we present the main events. 

Hope that helps...

Glad you liked it, we have 4 of the best tracks in our little area, Cotton Bowl in Paige, Texas, I37 in Pleasanton, South Texas Speedway in Corpus, and of course TRP in Edna. All have their own little charms and I have nothing but positive things to say about all 4 in my personal experiences at each. Not sure where you are located, but for me, all these tracks are 3 hours or less from me.

Cooper, you saw a great night of racing on your maiden voyage to our speed plant!  

Show started & ended on time, just as scheduled.  Only bummer was it was a bit dusty on the surface.  95 degrees (hotter on track) makes it very difficult to hold surface moisture. 

But a few hot laps from the water truck during intermission helped alleviate matters for the main events.  All night long the drivers raced like champs, put on a great show & management sure appreciates all of them! 

So ... see y'all once again on July 20 for the SUS Winged Sprint Car Series

More details to follow...