TSTRS

RUSS Tuesday June 11th 6:30pm central! Go to the RUSS FB page https://www.facebook.com/RevvedUpSportsShow/ Live OR RevvedUpSportsShow.com Your source for racing and motorsports news and conversation.

6:45p HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT changes at Houston Motorsports Park for asphalt racing in Texas and you hear them here first!

We will help answer any questions as much as possible as the show progresses. #RealRaceTalk

Very happy to see that there will be full time promotion/track management. Also glad to see the long overdue, "out of the box" recognition of the long race days and the need for a shorter, alternating program.  Along those lines, I was hoping to hear some at least preliminary thinking about mix of classes (a strategic overall look, how to integrate cars (including dirt) in non-traditional ways, etc) but perhaps that will be considered with time. 

Edited by Bobby

5 hours ago, rails said:

Can anyone or someone post on what was the overall basics of this announcement. 

Gina Schild-Knowles is the new Promoter at HMP  and Brad Bush is the new Race Director at HMP after Amy and Arron Hogan stepped down. 

Denny Burton will stay on as Chief Tech. Rodney Rodriguez will be the announcer. Tiffany will be doing the scoring. Good moves, Gina!

Look for shorter race days and alternating classes instead of every class every night.

Look also for facility upgrades from the fan perspective.

From the racer point of view, they are looking at paying the purse at the end of the night.

They have renamed the promotion company to TSTRS from T-STARS.

Brad Bush has his head on straight and should be good for the track. 

25 minutes ago, rails said:

Are they going to go back to running twice a month or just the once a month?

they said for the rest of 2019 !!!  the race dates are to stay the same for the most part....Maybe some tweaking of some dates....

2020 may be different some....they did not say too much on race dates info in 2020 though...

hope info helps...

Schedule stays in tact, however could change based on car count event sponsorship etc. Should that happen just remember this is a mid season re-structure so moves made are for positive purposes.

Will tell you a huge July 6 crowd and healthy pit count will go a long way in the larger scope of plans.

I know that is something that will be looked at moving forward, I'm with you on being a late model fan.

My opinion only, if there is going to be late models we need to do it right Houston is the perfect market for pavement racing it's time to take advantage of it.

Thanks for the feedback dude.

That was a great show!! Some very encouraging news for us racer. Looking forward to the July race

In regards to the late models, we pretty much already have them between the Super Stocks and Outlaws. 

Heck, we may even try to get both of our cars out the next race. 

16 hours ago, Bobby said:

Very happy to see that there will be full time promotion/track management. Also glad to see the long overdue, "out of the box" recognition of the long race days and the need for a shorter, alternating program.  Along those lines, I was hoping to hear some at least preliminary thinking about mix of classes (a strategic overall look, how to integrate cars (including dirt) in non-traditional ways, etc) but perhaps that will be considered with time. 

Most everything I am working on is non-traditional.  Many times I have to stop myself, and call all my 'traditional' racers for advice to see if what I am thinking is even a doable thing!  Ask Denny Burton! lol  Stay tuned and hang in there with us!   - Gina

Edited by TSTRS

4 hours ago, metroracer said:

they said for the rest of 2019 !!!  the race dates are to stay the same for the most part....Maybe some tweaking of some dates....

2020 may be different some....they did not say too much on race dates info in 2020 though...

hope info helps...

Yes it does help, and i appreciate it, i am out of the country working and a bit limited on functionality over here. But any positive news is great. It’s a great facility and a fun place to go catch some racing and have a cold one. Not only hoping it survives, but prospers as well.

38 minutes ago, TSTRS said:

Most everything I am working on is non-traditional.  Many times I have to stop myself, and call all my 'traditional' racers for advice to see if what I am thinking is even a doable thing!  Ask Denny Burton! lol  Stay tuned and hang in there with us!   - Gina

LIKE, LIKE, LIKE!!!

On 6/12/2019 at 8:46 AM, RodneyRodriguez said:

Schedule stays in tact, however could change based on car count event sponsorship etc. Should that happen just remember this is a mid season re-structure so moves made are for positive purposes.

Will tell you a huge July 6 crowd and healthy pit count will go a long way in the larger scope of plans.

A very long way my friend.  We need to show a positive momentum moving forward with marketing AND competition at this July 6th race.  I cannot stress the importance of this to everything we are putting together.  If you cannot make the race for a mechanical reason,  then bring the family and come watch!  

On 6/12/2019 at 10:35 AM, rocket55 said:

That was a great show!! Some very encouraging news for us racer. Looking forward to the July race

In regards to the late models, we pretty much already have them between the Super Stocks and Outlaws. 

Heck, we may even try to get both of our cars out the next race. 

Ok, Great, can the Pro Late models run as is with the Super Stocks and Outlaws then?