2005 Texas Stockcar Championships

The 2005 Texas Stockcar Championships are scheduled for October 28th and 29th, 2005. I want to start putting out information on the race as early as possible so hopefully some of you guys can plan to come enjoy racing at CCMS.

One thing we have decided on is car classes and purse for classes. There will be changes from last year in both of these catagories. The classes will be Modifieds, Street Stocks, Pure Stocks, and Mini-stocks.

Modifieds and Street Stocks will have the same purse which will be $2000, $1500, $1000, $900, $700, $650, $600, $550, $500, $450, $400, $350, $300, $250, $200, $150, $100 through 24th.

Pure Stocks purse will not change and will remain $1,000 to win.

Mini-Stocks purse will not change and will remain $500 to win.

The rules will be posted in the coming weeks and all classes will run under a set of rules developed by CCMS for this race. We will incorporate all Texas Track rules into the rules with minimal modifications for cars to be competetive.

Keep watching for additional information on this race.

Thanks

Owen Pittman

• 2 months later...

Owen,

We are planning on participating in the Stockcar Chanpionships with both the #29 SAS Sportsman and the #19 SAS Roadrunner. Will we be able to run under the SAS rules? Which class would the roadrunner run under? By looking at your classes, it seems like a purestock.

I think the #31 SAS sportsman, #27 SAS sportsman, and the #12 SAS sportsman are also planning on participating. We hope to bring alot of others down with us. Would like to see a good turn out.

Does the Days Inn have special rates for the weekend of this race? That is where we stayed last year and it was very nice.

Thanks,

Mona Turner

#19 SAS WOW rookie 2005

Mona, look forward to everyone coming down to join us this year again. I am going to try and have someone making up Bar-b-que for everyone after the Friday night event all the racers can sit around eat, drink a few beers (I will buy the keg) and have a good time. Hopefully we can keep the Farm Truck Driver from drinking all the beer. The purses are as stated and I will have an entry form out on our site before to long. Yes the SAS Sportsman cars will be able to come down per their rules. The Roadrunners will probably be able to run with the pure stocks except for the tires, probably need to bolt on some 75 series street tires. I will have rules out soon. Thanks for the interest.

PS I will work on a better rate for some of the area Hotels.

Owen

if im not mistaken, that HMP date is a makeup date from earlier in the year when they got rained out.

The HMP USRA race is not a makeup race. It has been on the schedule since the schedule was first published earlier in the year.

Nick Holt

Thanks Greek, the USRA date at HMP is not a makeup they scheduled that at the beginning of the year. This is our second Annual event so I had hoped no one would add a date on top of the TSC race but they probably did not realize it when they made their schedule. Unfortunatley it will probably hurt both our shows but I can not do much about it a this point.

Later Owen

Guest The_Greek

hey Owen, how many laps are these races? and are u going to do the invert at the halfway point like last year? that was a blast. my mistake in saying the USRA was a makeup date on the same weekend, i didnt think their season lasted that long, i was always under the impression Octoberfast was the finale.

Archived