Texana Raceway next stop for Texas Dirt Truck Series

For immediate release:
TDTS Public Relations
Tel: 207.689.6630

Debut at Texana Raceway next stop for Texas Dirt Truck Series

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (May 30, 2019) — After a long break in the action due to poor weather conditions, teams in the new Texas Dirt Truck Series (TDTS) are busy preparing for a trip to Edna, Texas, on Saturday, June 8, for a night of racing at the famed Texana Raceway. 

Larry Baggett won the series' inaugural race at I-37 Speedway on March 23, and is anxious to get back into the No. 3 entry that carried him to victory. The easy-going driver from Marble Falls, TX, has plenty of experience at places like Cotton Bowl and 281 Speedway, yet hasn't been to Texana.

“I've never raced there or even attended a race there as a fan,” Baggett said. “I think that makes me even more eager to go, since I love the challenge of learning a new track. Our truck was fast down at I-37, another place that was new to me. We're ready to take this Chevy to Texana and do our best.” 

Series owner and founder George Jones took his Parker-Jones Racing Chevy Silverado to Edna last Saturday night to promote the race and generate a little interest. Fans gathered around the truck before racing got under way, and enthusiasm is high as our debut there draws closer. 

“Our visit to Texana went very well, and I'm glad we made the trip,” Jones said. “Those fans really love their short track action. They have a great little facility there, and I think our truck teams will give them some added value and entertainment. I'm excited to get back there on June 8 to go racing.” 

Active drag racer and motorcycle racer Russ Parker, of Seguin, TX, wheels the No. 28 Chevrolet for Jones, and says he's ready to get back at it after the long break. 

“This dirt oval deal is still very new to me, so the more seat time I can get the better off we'll be,” Parker said. “We've been testing when time allows, but there's nothing that compares to racing under the green flag. I know Texana is a very nice track, and I can't wait to roll out onto it on June 8.”

Two newcomers are also expected to make the trip to Texana next month. Ray Doyon III and Michael Keylich, the two men behind RM Promotions and I-37 Speedway in Pleasanton, TX, have both purchased trucks for TDTS competition. With multiple race dates at I-37 and exceptional support, Doyon and Keylich are vital to the success of this series. We welcome both to the TDTS pit area and wish them well. 

Texana Raceway is run by Rachel and Kenny Densman, two individuals with a deep passion for short track racing. They've made steady improvements to their facility, putting the interest of fans and racers at the focal point. It's what racing in Texas needs – more great folks like Rachel and Kenny. 

The Texas Dirt Truck Series was launched in October of 2018 and is starting to gain traction. New races have just been added at Cotton Bowl for Sept. 28 and Oct. 18. 

Interest in the Texas Dirt Truck Series has grown to reach outside the greater San Antonio area. With the concept of affordable race trucks (essentially Street Stocks with pickup bodies and Crate 602 engines) on grassroots short tracks alongside weekly racers, curb appeal is high while cost remains low.

Fans can also follow the series on social media at www.facebook.com/Texas-Dirt-Truck-Series-1509510632528647/ and on Twitter by searching for @TexasDirtTrucks

Texana Raceway Logo.png

New Official TDTS Logo.jpg

Phil, thanks for providing background for the start-up Texas Dirt Truck Series.  I was wondering who brought that handsome truck to our track on May 25? 

Texana Raceway Nation looks forward to hosting the Texas Dirt Truck Series on June 8 @ the ... 

"Quickest lil' Track in Texas!"

5cf2e6fa3800f_TEXANALOGO2017jpg.thumb.jpg.f024026a890d1c3be99ecdc8e541d222.jpg

Edited by BeachBum