4 Wide

toyotatim

Nascar has hit a home run with this package.  That race on Sunday was awesome.   These guys run 4 wide on the restarts and bang it out.    The fans were there, TV ratings up and now if they could just fix the bullies from running the show.  Mr. Truex, who cries on a weekly basis, and still upset with Logano, took out Mr Currey because he needed a caution and was in trouble.  Then Joey race him too clean on the last restart.   The bullies need an ass whoopen

tCALM  down frances …. this isnt the only track nascar runs four wide … it was a good race I suppose ... if they didnt have normal  100 mile lunch breaks it would have shown who the real winner would have been ..it still isnt racing when  every one is racing three to four races in one .lets just make it to the next mandatory caution ... 600 miles  is an endurance  race . the best make it to the end .two tires splash of fuel and so forth .that' is part of racing gamble not as much anymore . .. for the money this helps nascar I suppose  for the real racers it sort of boring ..in real racing the teams can be innovative and chose to buy most of their parts from different companies ...innovation at its best .even build their own parts  not they are locked in where they are told this is who you buy your parts from .even the nuts and bolts have to be from the same companies . as for crying drivers least that is real .

Edited by HiTech

1 hour ago, arob said:

Was the four wide only on restarts?

No; it was the best NASCAR race at a cookie-cutter track in a decade or more. I watched 1/2 to 3/4 of the race and never thought “this is boring I wonder if there’s a renovation show on”. I’m last in line to give NASCAR credit these days but they nailed it at Charlotte; if the race is that good at Texas it may be the best race of the year.

yes I will admit it kept me watching . fact first time in years I watched the indy race and nascar race and only took two short snoozes I didnt miss many laps ..so I saw maybe 1000 laps .total  to tired from the day before racing  at edna  to do anything else ..

Edited by HiTech

I'm not convinced.  Restarts were exciting but we had approx. 15 yellow flags.  Without the yellows, I think it might have stretched itself out into the typical "log laps" line.  As for the package, if you want to proclaim the best drivers in the world, it should be harder to drive these cars.  550hp in a car built for 900hp is boring.

Kyle Busch thinks it is pretty hard to drive.  Have you heard him?  He quit over the radio last week.   How can anyone tell these cars have 550 HP?   They are just as fast.   I know I cant watch the TV and tell you how much horsepower they have.  I looked at the watch and they were just as fast.  Amazing,

On 5/30/2019 at 8:39 PM, turbotoddie said:

I'm not convinced.  Restarts were exciting but we had approx. 15 yellow flags.  Without the yellows, I think it might have stretched itself out into the typical "log laps" line.  As for the package, if you want to proclaim the best drivers in the world, it should be harder to drive these cars.  550hp in a car built for 900hp is boring.

I'd hate to make this a habit but I agree with Tim, I'd much rather watch a spec Miata race where the cars are bunched up on top of eachother than a F1 race where there is 10 seconds between each car. In NASCAR's 'heyday" the cars weren't making 850hp, maybe bringing them back down to "stock car" levels is whats been needed all along. Again, I'd much rather watch 550hp cars with limitied aero and 8" slicks run in a pack than 900hp cars with massive aero and 10" slicks run spread out.