Sign Works presents Texas Dirt Truck Series @ Texana Raceway

BeachBum

TR SpeedNews

5cea94f27c16c_TEXANALOGO2017jpg.thumb.jpg.15847ae6c09b94b6c9e2f47fc7689eac.jpg

- Texas Dirt Truck Series set to debut @ Texana Raceway -

UPDATE 6/6 @ 9PM:

WE JUST RECEIVED SEVERAL INCHES OF HEAVY RAIN AND HAVE LOST OUR FACILITY & TRACK FOR SATURDAY, 6/8

SORRY Y'ALL!

On Saturday, June 8, Sign Works presents a new chapter in racing action at the popular speed plant, located in Edna, Texas!

Taking on the 1/4-mile high banks … will be the start-up Texas Dirt Truck Series, along with the ground-pounding IMCA Modifieds, Sport Mods, Street Stocks, (Tony’s Mobile Home Repair) Factory Stocks, E-Mods, Dwarfs, Mod Lites, & Go Karts.

Grandstands & Pits open @ 3pm, go karts at 5:30pm, & the SHOW STARTS @ 7pm sharp. Adults- $12.50 / seniors (55+) & military w/ID- $10.00 / Big Kids (6-12)- $6.00 / Little Kids (5 & under) are FREE … along with general parking.

Be sure to bring a serious “need 4 feed”, because the Speedway Cafe will be fully-stocked with a full compliment of scrumptious food … including our world-famous 100% Angus Beef Burgers & killer Fajita Tacos! A full compliment of drinks (soft & adult) will also be available.

Candlewood Suites in Victoria is our official “host hotel”… so be sure to use code: IEVFI to get your special “racers rate”. Prices start at only $70.00 for Texana Raceway racers & fans! Candlewood Suites is located at 7103 North Navarro Street. Website: CandlewoodSuites.com. Tel#: (361) 578-0236.

Texana Raceway is located in Edna, Texas ... just 3 miles (east) of US-59. For more info and/or detailed directions, please log-on @ TexanaRaceway.com, check us out on Facebook, or call our 24/7 racin’ hotline @ (361) 781-0411.

Texana Raceway

Your favorite small town dirt track”

Cya @ da Show!

Edited by BeachBum

TOLD my wife yesterday . finally a racetrack that does not use that cheap meat ..  those hamburgers are big and for 550 .its worth every penny... ..that will make me miss the stop and eat heading up to the track knowing the food is good .. beside I like the track and the nice lighting in the pit area . clean track ….

13 hours ago, HiTech said:

TOLD my wife yesterday . finally a racetrack that does not use that cheap meat ..  those hamburgers are big and for 550 .its worth every penny... ..that will make me miss the stop and eat heading up to the track knowing the food is good .. beside I like the track and the nice lighting in the pit area . clean track ….

Indeed.  It seems most tracks treat food service as a nuisance rather than something that can be done well for profit.  As a result, you only eat the bare minimum to get you by. Because you have to, not because you want to. A hugely overlooked area in my opinion. 

Edited by Bobby

4 hours ago, Bobby said:

Indeed.  It seems most tracks treat food service as a nuisance rather than something that can be done well for profit.  As a result, you only eat the bare minimum to get you by. Because you have to, not because you want to. A hugely overlooked area in my opinion. 

I  hardly eat anything where we race .I just eat before I get there . sad but the hamburgers is what I eat and the wraps are not that good .plus I hate waiting in line for chips to go to another line just to order .and wait again .I want to go right up make my order pay for my order ..and be done with it also I may see something else to add to my meal and when I cant pay cash .I dont order it ..that can hurt your sells . I walk into what a burger knowing the menu and at time order something I didnt go for . …THE MEN  cooking hamburgers in the pit at kyle I loved them  and went back for another one ... ..me if I am running a track your money is right there in your concession . I dont mind paying for quality food .so I will eat at texana every time I attend ..and usually more than once I buy something ..

Edited by HiTech

3 hours ago, arob said:

Agreed on the food at Texana. I wait to eat there also especially that burger!! I-37 is pretty good as well. Oh , I neglected to say how good Mr. Sandoval did last week. Good run!

Thanks arob  WE went there to practice and try A  few things .. wasn't looking for that good of a run .just a good showing on adjustments . still learning this new car and trying to get it where the driver likes it .then we will go race ..found myself the first time this year wanting him to fight to pass a fast car … he did ...I know the hamburgers helped with the left side weight .lol .but really it wasn't as much the adjustment I made mainly small one the really helped the car ..that credit goes to jessie .. he slowed down put less wheel in the turns and let the car settle down ..that is a really good track t get a driver to slow down go faster ...he made the car better and makes my life easier .we will run the same set up this weekend and see if the car and driver are becoming one .the balance is in the middle right where the seat is .the driver .