The Hood Collection

Budman

Wasn't the photographer at Pan Am and Speed-o-rama named Hood?  What an incredible collection that must be.  Where is it now? Probably deteriorating  in boxes in some obscure warehouse somewhere in S.A.

What a tragedy.  Items in that collection shot over the many years could mean so much to so many people on here or some other on-line site.  What a shame.  Does anyone on here know in who's possession the collection now rests?

What was left of the Hood collection was given to given to the Ware Family upon Teds' passing. It was a hodgepodge of different pics, negatives, proof sheets, etc. Several years back, all of it was scanned, but the person scanning loaded up a scanner bed and copied them that way. That resulted in the scans having anywhere from 1 to 10 individual pics in them. Some of the years are just proof sheets which will be difficult to expand to a decent size. There are 5900+ scans in the collection.  I have disk copies of the scans, and I am working on organizing them as I find time. A few years and some assorted pics are already on my FOTKI site. Another year ((1968 pics) will be added in the very near future once I finish it. When I say finish, I am separating the scans into individual pics, then correcting the contrast or color. The originals are stored away from the public.

Here is a link to the 1967 pics. It starts out with pics from an ARCA race. I will be going back to id as many pics as possible.

https://public.fotki.com/txtom/auto-racing/pan-american-speedway/pan-american-1967/

Hers is a link to some early 60's coupes.

https://public.fotki.com/txtom/auto-racing/pan-american-speedway/early-60s-coupes/

Glad to see you back here Buddy. how have you been?

I keep checking in to Lone Star Speed Zone looking for good news. I just found some. Thanks for your effort, I will wait patiently.                                                                            Thanks, Byron.