Not the best day at Charlotte for our Texas NASCAR Truck teams

NickHolt

Friday at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Concord, N.C

Starting position in parentheses NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Race - 17th Annual North Carolina Education Lottery 200 Charlotte Motor Speedway Concord, North Carolina Friday, May 17, 2019

1. (8) Kyle Busch, Toyota, 134.

2. (17) Brennan Poole, Toyota, 134.

3. (2) Stewart Friesen, Chevrolet, 134.

4. (5) Ben Rhodes, Ford, 134.

5. (1) Matt Crafton, Ford, 134.

6. (20) Austin Hill, Toyota, 134.

7. (3) Todd Gilliland, Toyota, 134.

8. (15) Anthony Alfredo, Toyota, 134.

9. (9) Grant Enfinger, Ford, 134.

10. (13) Ross Chastain, Chevrolet, 134.

11. (4) Harrison Burton, Toyota, 134.

12. (10) Sheldon Creed, Chevrolet, 134.

13. (25) Tyler Dippel, Chevrolet, 134.

14. (22) Jesse Little, Ford, 134.

15. (28) Jordan Anderson, Chevrolet, 134.

16. (23) Timmy Hill, Chevrolet, 134.

17. (12) Johnny Sauter, Ford, 134.

18. (18) Chad Finley, Chevrolet, 134.

19. (6) Brett Moffitt, Chevrolet, 133.

20. (7) Cory Roper, Ford, 133.

21. (29) Austin Wayne Self, Chevrolet, 133.

22. (30) Spencer Boyd, Chevrolet, 133.

23. (31) Angela Ruch, Chevrolet, 132.

24. (16) Stefan Parsons, Chevrolet, 132.

135b9257-31e8-46dd-8abb-588923b0c220.jpg

Charlotte Motor Speedway | North Carolina Education Lottery 200 Race Recap

Team: No. 22 GO TEXAN | AM Technical Solutions Chevrolet Silverado

Driver: Austin Wayne Self

Follow the Team: @AMRacingNASCAR; @AustinWSelf

Start: 29th

Finish: 21st; Running (133 | 134 laps completed)

Driver Points Position: 17th | Owner Points Position: 14th

Austin Wayne Self Quote: “We really struggled this past Friday night with the motor performance. Despite the challenges, I’m looking forward to putting it all together for Texas Motor Speedway in a couple weeks.

“I really appreciate everyone working hard at the shop, we’ll get these obstacles figured out and look to earn a top-10 finish at my hometown track next month.”

Next Up: SpeedyCash.com 400 at Texas Motor Speedway on Fri., June 7, 2019

For more on Austin Wayne Self, please visit awsracing.com, like his Facebook page (Austin Wayne Self) or follow him on Twitter @AustinWSelf.

For more on AM Racing, please visit AMRacingteam.com, like their Facebook page (AM Racing) or follow them on Twitter @AMRacingNASCAR. 
dab81471-ddee-4804-a272-2baead337cea.png
About GO TEXAN:

GO TEXAN is a widely recognized brand. It represents a diverse collection of people, products and services that are genuinely Texan.  Whether it’s grown, sewn or served on a plate, more than 26 million Texans shop, travel and dine out in full support of Texas business and agriculture. 

Consumers make buying decisions based on the prestige of GO TEXAN, a desire to support the Texas economy and the value received from buying local.

923efebb-9bf3-4c03-85d8-2fb7c6202808.jpg
About AM Technical Solutions:

Headquartered in Austin, TX, AM Technical Solutions was founded in 1994. AM Technical Solutions is a global engineering and construction management firm, specializing in the high-tech industries. AMTS has managed over $20B of global capital projects for over 170 different customers in 15 countries.

For more information, please visit amts.com.

67e3efc6-31ef-468d-8158-82554f5cea3f.jpg
About AM Racing:

AM Racing is a NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series (NGOTS) team owned by entrepreneur Tim Self.

Established in December 2015, AM Racing is headquartered in Mooresville, N.C. Operated by Self, a native of Austin, Texas, the team is prided on faith, honesty and intelligent performance

The Cup race was spectacular.  The new package is bringing out the worst (Or Best) in drivers.  They are finally showing some passion.  Kyle Busch is crying like a baby.  Bowyer cries weekly and even whaled on No Neck Newman.  He was a brave man doing that, but a smart one, he left his helmet on.  Bubba Wallace even ran up front.  Maybe this package levels the playing field some.   It is a great time to watch the sport man. 

6 hours ago, Bobby said:

Agreed.  I remember him running dirt modifieds on the USMTS tour a while back.

He may have, I know he has been racing for a long time. Seems to me that he may have drove that xfinity car with the DC Solar sponsorship on it a few years ago as well. I think it may have been for Gannasi

6 hours ago, toyotatim said:

The Cup race was spectacular.  The new package is bringing out the worst (Or Best) in drivers.  They are finally showing some passion.  Kyle Busch is crying like a baby.  Bowyer cries weekly and even whaled on No Neck Newman.  He was a brave man doing that, but a smart one, he left his helmet on.  Bubba Wallace even ran up front.  Maybe this package levels the playing field some.   It is a great time to watch the sport man. 

I’m going to agree with you 100%; the All-Star Race was without a doubt the best NASCAR race I’ve seen anywhere besides a road course in years. The teams seemed a lot more evenly matched, the drivers seemed to both have to really push to be fast BUT they where also able to pass and the cars looked to move around some but not so much they couldn’t get 3 and 4 wide. I haven’t said this in a while but NASCAR nailed the All-Star race; after catching the open just off-hand I set down and watched the invitational and wasn’t disappointed!

From Wikipedia “Raised outside of HoustonTexas,[3] Poole was born in Folsom, California, living there until the age of seven.[1] He is known for his surfer-like appearance and persona including his long hair. Poole earned the nickname "The Bull" early in his career, after charging from the rear of the field to earn several victories.[1][2][5][6][9]

Poole's father owns a Midas Car Care Center in their hometown of The Woodlands, Texas. Poole graduated from Woodlands Christian Academy a year early in 2008, at the age of 17.[6]

Poole maintains a presence on the video game-streaming service Twitch.tv, and has a dormant YouTube channel.

Poole is an avid fan of the late rapper Mac Miller and in his free time makes songs and raps.”

11 hours ago, Josh42 said:

I wouldn't say it was all that bad Brennan Poole is from Texas and raced 1/4 midgets at Lone Star QMA in San Antonio for many years.

I didn't know that either......Man that cat can goooooooooooooo