Thank You South Texas Speedway

outlaw

Yes that helped me too so thanks Marcia from me too. You had that thing rolling in the heat, glad to see you and Larry towards the front but Ty is just something else. Glad to see him back, found a video of his flip in Waco and wasn't fun to watch, imagine it was worse in person and in car.

THANKS  I will tell Lorraine you are thinking about them ..I really dont understand how they can do it and not lose their mind .lol both of them have probably 40 plus years combined scoring .they have a system down that works  .scorers are the hardest poeple to find .that I have to say is the hardest job  one of the lowest paid so isnt the money job out there but the most important job once those racecars hit the track .sitting up for hours with races running back to back with little time between  no time to adjust your eyes and relax at all .heat races are the easy races ..get 20 cars in a race and that is where the work starts  or new cars with numbers they have to go sit and watch and learn some numbers are really hard  to see from where they sit ....intermission does not give them much rest ..they have to finish the finishes of the heats and them get everything ready for the features ...they dont have really anytime to eat and some times to go to the restroom .they do snack on junk food my wife takes ..not very healthy …. its really a thankless job that most poeple take for granted  they are out of sight out of mind from the outside that booth world yet they are the ones who have to know where you are on the track and make sure they dont have you out of position in the end .and sometimes they get it wrong and pay for it .. their job isnt over after the features .. they may have to sit there for hours waiting on tech ..lucky that does not happen every week  ..even when they are not at the track both ladies have meetings to go over things that pertain to the next race or computer system changes  and many other little details  on their time .or they show on their time to sign up drivers before  the season starts  and during each night …     JUST  think . scorers would love to just watch a race and enjoy em at times .but they cant ..think about it .Lorraine has a son racing and we let her in on what was happening during the race  the detail parts she cant watch .she is counting car numbers ……………. EVERY RACETRACK  has to have score keepers period even when you have transponders those help a lot but  someone still has to do eyes on scoring ..// BOTH LOVE DOING IT .

Edited by HiTech

Transponders are electrical and sometimes electrical systems fail so yes, need scorers to back up even when you have them and they need to make sure they're all working. Those scorers are arguably the hardest working groups at the tracks and STS has some of the best which is probably part of the reason STS doesn't use transponders. 

15 hours ago, outlaw said:

Mike I'm not saying get ride of the scorers that would be a huge mistake the transponders and my race pass gives you live timing.

Never once thought you said that buddy ..TRANSPONERS help .and I am sure those two ladies would welcome them .

Years ago a scorer at Corpus Christi Speedway borrowed our tape recorder. After we got it back I played it and she was rattling off the numbers of the cars as they went across the finish line. Just listening to that I knew they had a hard job to try to keep everyone running in order. Hopefully things are a lot better for the scorers now.

4 hours ago, Radical said:

Years ago a scorer at Corpus Christi Speedway borrowed our tape recorder. After we got it back I played it and she was rattling off the numbers of the cars as they went across the finish line. Just listening to that I knew they had a hard job to try to keep everyone running in order. Hopefully things are a lot better for the scorers now.

I DO know what  really makes it hard on the scorers …..not seeing numbers on some of those car .many look great up close  .but the scorers are not up close and have to learn the color of the car and sometimes a lot of cars run the same colors. or numbers with a letter that is even harder to see . .  just think how hard that is to see the number while trying  to write down 2 or 3 cars running side by side ..on our cars we make sure those numbers can be seen all the across the track  from way up there ..a black car with red numbers do not show up well in the night time from up above 

Edited by HiTech

17 minutes ago, HiTech said:

I DO know what  really makes it hard on the scorers …..not seeing numbers on some of those car .many look great up close  .but the scorers are not up close and have to learn the color of the car and sometimes a lot of cars run the same colors. or numbers with a letter that is even harder to see . .  just think how hard that is to see the number while trying  to write down 2 or 3 cars running side by side ..on our cars we make sure those numbers can be seen all the across the track  from way up there ..a black car with red numbers do not show up well in the night time from up above 

^^^^^

This

I can tell you this is a hard job especially if a mother is scoring and can’t exactly watch you race. My mom has scored many times with Marcia and the ladies at STS. And they always welcome her with opening arms. She is a scorer at Texana Raceway as well. She has been doing it I’m gonna say probably 23yrs or so. And I’ve watched her and the ladies up there. Yes they for sure are the forgotten ones at the local tracks. Only because they aren’t seen by many and don’t really boast about it. But they too need some attention as well! Scorers can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Lol Props to all the scorers at any and all race tracks. 

21 hours ago, racerguy8811 said:

I can tell you this is a hard job especially if a mother is scoring and can’t exactly watch you race. My mom has scored many times with Marcia and the ladies at STS. And they always welcome her with opening arms. She is a scorer at Texana Raceway as well. She has been doing it I’m gonna say probably 23yrs or so. And I’ve watched her and the ladies up there. Yes they for sure are the forgotten ones at the local tracks. Only because they aren’t seen by many and don’t really boast about it. But they too need some attention as well! Scorers can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Lol Props to all the scorers at any and all race tracks. 

. ..my wife scored my races for many years before I parked my cars .it wasn't easy for her to just count the car number .she never gave me a break and I did not expect one I was put to the back when I missed up  .and never a word back and forth once we left the track .she had her job she chose I had my fun I chose .I am sure your mom has done the same thing .. Joshua is racing and she wont give him break .good thing is most tracks have corner workers compared to the old days where the score keepers had to make the call ..it is mostly left up to the track now .they may get asked  what did they see .but that is far and between .so makes it easier on them for the most part ..I only once in the years she has scored ever said anything mean to someone .back in the 80. I got on a man who started cussing my wife over a position ..we cleared  that up fast .. you can argue with her all you want disagree with her all you want .but to start a nasty attack on her .well I wont let that happen .other wise I stay out of it …. .professional  score keepers are hard as hell to find .probably the hardest job to hire .. they seek no praise .just respect ..my wife as far as I know does not know what I have posted I dont tell her .if she finds out someone else pointed it out and then she never says to much other than I know about it .and I dont ask her to much on what they saw or why they called it that way ..