Dega Baby

toyotatim

I already got the email this morning that my race package renewal for the fall race is in the mail. They used to not send it out until late May. Then would do the upgrade period in late June. So now they get to use my money for 6 months. But oh well.

I listened to it while I was working on my Modified and doing yard work.  Mrn's coverage is great.  They called it as it happened then explained it afterwards.  Still havent seen a picture of it.

4 hours ago, TexasTornado said:

Nathan and HiTech say they don't watch the races, but they still know all about Brad's pit stop.  Even the haters watch, that's awesome.

well they have video and it stumbled   across my eyes ...I needed a sleeping pill and nascar has been a good one for many years now ..but I did watch this race with out sleeping ..taking a break and the dogs would wake me up every time I started to fall asleep .. so least I can say that was a good race ..never said I hated nascar . . just dont like a lot about them now ..and it was the only race I watched  from start to finish this year ...

If you have a rep there at TMS, you can just call them and let them know you would like to extend the time payment and they usually will do that.  I have found out that a phone call and visiting with them goes a long ways.   They have bent over backwards for fans in the past few years. 

I’m not worried about the money. I have plenty. I was merely pointing out that over the years they wanted there money earlier and earlier. I suspect once they get everyone’s money 6 months in advance, they probably make a fair bit of interest on it.

20 hours ago, rails said:

I’m not worried about the money. I have plenty. I was merely pointing out that over the years they wanted there money earlier and earlier. I suspect once they get everyone’s money 6 months in advance, they probably make a fair bit of interest on it.

Have you seen the interest rates?    There is no money to be made there.    They use money to put on the race.  Most of that is spent before the race weekend.  Oh, and how about the weekends where there are rain outs?  OUCH, they never win there. 

It is really no different than any other sport or event.  They all want it up front to hold your position. 

Tim, just stop, please just stop. They have been putting on races for 50 years now. Fifty, did you catch that? Fifty, do you seriously think they are merely existing from race to race. In fact they are also part of a large publicly traded corporation. And also, don’t ever kid yourself, millions of dollars invested generates interest. Even if it is just for 6 months.

And further more, the only thing they are losing on rain outs is consessions, because i can promise you one thing, they are not refunding ticket or RV space money. And in the event you do get refunded for some unforeseen reason, you would have had to purchase insurance on your ticket purchase. So please just stop with that nonsense. 

I share your passion for NASCAR, and i personally have an equal passion for dirt racing as well. And i really don’t have any problem with your keyboard cowboy game in your quest to stir the pot. I’m fine with that, but i expect better intelligence from you than what you have displayed in this last post.