SEEMS  some poeple decided I didnt need my truck anymore today ..so if you live around corpus Christi area .I am looking for a 2005 dodge Dakota .charcoal grey .with a dent on the left front fender just behind the head light . two dents identical just forward of the tail lights from an old man backing out of his condo .. the right side just above the rear tire has a parking post dent with red paint from me having to miss a bum in a parking lot …. other than that just a normal boring grey truck ..plate numbers GTB 2611.. MY poor PIT BIKE  has no way to get to the racetrack ..please just look around and you may find this truck sitting in a parking lot apartment area waiting for a rescue .. it is reported stolen .290 2035 ..mike .or call the cops . 

Edited by HiTech

ed ILL ADD  just a bit of satisfaction ..they the thieves  found some brake pads an rotors I just bought for a customer I was working for in the back of the truck . the only way they could get the money for those 157.00 dollar parts was to return them at the store nick knows I worked at for 13 years .and the management was warned and ready the parts may show up ..I have commercial account and can only be returned at that store ..well low and behold four poeple walked right in and tried to return them and I got the call and the cops too ..lucky for them I beat the cops there and didnt get a look at them when I walked in because some someone was going down and it would have  not been me . anyway mike pulled me into the office to save those folks and me from going to jail . in the end two got away .one was let go for lack and a women was taken in to our local three hots and a cot jail cell a felony  lunch for her days work ...she looked at me crying she didnt steal my parts .I said lady dont talk to me .talk to the cops ..no sympathy ..too bad her friends let her take the trip ...I hope she talks .157 .00 dollars traded for a 6000 dollar truck .sorta not a good deal for me … btw my friend next door had seen those four near my truck earlier  today ..he knew two women and two men .both women were short .on man was a short Hispanic the other man was tall white with red shirt and he was the one the cops let go … the cops told me they knew who they all were ..I said great bring me my trunk then .

Edited by HiTech

Hi Tech I meant to address this earlier today and just forgot.....So sorry to hear about your truck getting stolen

and hope you get it back soon and it can be drive-able and not in "pieces" . 

Also glad to hear someone got popped for the parts that were stolen. Please keep us posted on any developments.....

3 hours ago, King237 said:

Hi Tech I meant to address this earlier today and just forgot.....So sorry to hear about your truck getting stolen

and hope you get it back soon and it can be drive-able and not in "pieces" . 

Also glad to hear someone got popped for the parts that were stolen. Please keep us posted on any developments.....

Thanks king  IT  will show up somewhere .. fixing to get a whats that called a roller board  skate board  and try my luck .. I think some butt  protecting  air bags would help ..

4 hours ago, top_shelf_12 said:

Hockey pants will work HiTech. They're bulky but you won't feel a thing. Hope the truck shows up.

lol /i need more humor .thought i would get a john deer green tractor seat ..i would like to have an old chopper style handle bar just for the fun of it .i have fun with this scooter ..but with those bars i would need the tractor seat .other wise i would roll off the back ..

For what it's worth, H/T it happened to me back in '84.  Someone stole my '78 out of a parking garage in downtown Austin.  Some months later I got a call the truck had been found.  Turns out it was totaled in a wreck somewhere in south Texas.  The driver was killed in that crash.  I told the police it doesn't matter now.  I turned the title over to the insurance company when they paid the settlement on the theft. 

Anyway, been there, done that.  Ya have my sympathy.  Those deals make for monumental headaches when they happen.   

That happened to me one time back around 1988 or 89. I used to drive a little Fiat convertible. Got up in the morning, looked out in the driveway and the little Fiat was gone! The cops came, made a report and said “You’ll never see that car again, it’s probably in Mexico by now” I said “ not this car, it barely makes it to work each day”   So later that same day I see 2 kids pushing the Fiat down the road! It had broken down! I called the cops from a pay phone and went back to see if I could give them some help. The cops showed up and busted them. The judge made them pay $200 for messing up the ignition switch! Sometimes it all works out!

3 hours ago, tps48 said:

. I used to drive a little Fiat convertible. ” I said “ not this car, it barely makes it to work each day”   So later that same day I see 2 kids pushing the Fiat down the road! It had broken down!

No truer words were ever said TPS48.  A very old friend of mine  (since 10 years old) bought our Sunday School teachers Fiat 850 Spyder for $500 and it spent more time broken down than running....He was over at my house every weekend seeing if I'd help him fix it. Not being a foreign car repair guy, it stayed broken. If it wasn't bad enough that he got sucked in on that deal, he sells it and bought a Fiat 124 Sport (an even bigger piece of junk) .

Mr High-Techster is being suspiciously quiet today/tonight.......maybe he has a posse and is leading them through the pass to surround the varmints that stole his truck.

.. tps 48 .. in 1999 I had Lalo put a new 350 in my truck I hated that 305 and burned it up on purpose .. drove from Zapata to petronia with out a drop of water .long ways ..news years night someone stole it .my wife heard it start up   and drive off .this motor wasn't even broken in yet lol..2 am the police was heading to my house and ran into the truck at airline just a few blocks from my house .I listened as 7 police cars chased that truck around .I said honey that is one bad ass motor listen too those tires smoking through three gear ...the cops arrested one out of three .the hit a post hard enough to keep the truck from going left … my insurance wrote me a 3500 dalor check .spent 1800 fixing it .not a bad payday . two weeks later I hit a deer .same agent wrote me a 4400 dallor check and as I did last time fixed myself again and made 2800 ..I think it worked out ok ..I told the agent the first go around to total the truck and if cost him dearly for not doing so .I sure liked that man .lol  I got the last laugh ..

Edited by HiTech

NOW I just got home and you can not script this is no lie ..

start of movie .jesse nice enough to take me across town to check on a truck I saw the day before .turned out not mine .as we drove down airs we noticed a truck looking like mine but still not mine .so I told jeese its gone and Ishould just buy lisa truck ..commercial time now ...

went home moped around and then went to work on a customers truck till just before 5.00pm ...

commercial over  .. I GOT A CALL FROM PETE WHO LIVES NEXT DOOR .HE REITRED AND NOW UBERS .he picked up a fare and right in front of him was my truck .he called me as my wife was pulling up and sent pics as we headed to where he was … we pulled into the parking lot and right off I knew it was my truck and call the police at that time two men got in the truck as pete was blocking them with his rider who said go for it .lol . the police told me to let the truck go and pete did .and he followed it for a time till he lost sight .we told the cops every turn they made . at the same time the rider was looking at a truck who was following them following my truck .so he took pictures .lol. 

we were told to stay put for an officer .an hour later we had to flag a officer down and give them the new info on the truck .and went home .

COMMERCIAL TIME AGAIN …. time over .third part of  script.

LATER ON we called Joshua to ask a TJ  if he could  find out who owned the plates that were changed on my truck .. LOW AND BEHOLD  the truck the plates came off  was just like mine  was one block from my house .what a laugh .so the wife and I checked out and found it was just the front plate after freaking out that truck had the same plate on the back .I guess the guy didnt know his front late was missing .so we headed over to strips to buy me some smokes and they had a problem and lock the doors .. here is the kicker as we turned into our next store .walla my truck was sitting at the pump .how lucky  twice in one afternoon ...we called the police and waited again seemed like  for ever and no cop .the truck took off down towards where we live and we followed its dark now . that driver I kid you not turned down the street that runs right beside my drive way .I said what is he taking it back to my home lol ..we made a block around and met up with him at our four way stop I can see my house ..we followed him down to the next main road .turned right and just before the red light a police car came around us and in front of us at the light was two more and they pulled the man out under pointed guns ..after two hours of them dusting the truck and clearing most of everything that did not belong to me I drove off in the truck …...dont you just love happy endings .. now wipe the tears from your happiness of this great enjoyable cant make this up true story movie ..a gold globe award should be heading my direction ..  

Edited by HiTech

thanks to jesse for trying to help me find it ,oh did I mention .where the truck was located the first time .was right where jesse and I saw the other truck like mine earlier ..go figure .

thanks to pete for finding it the first time and getting the plate number that got my wife and I out  of the house at the right time .

thanks to strips for having an issue other wise we would have not seen the truck again .

AND FRIST AND FOMOST  thanks for our local police they did a fine job and now have two new racing fans who have never been to a race .hope to honor those two cops when they show up  to our race ...

Edited by HiTech

6 hours ago, craneop00 said:

Glad you got it back HiTech...👍👍👍 now its lottery time...

yep and lost …...nick we know if you want a job done .go do it yourself ..but in this case a lot of things had to come together  and all the investigation we were doing  was going to take awhile to catch them . or find the truck but with help from my friends we  really got lucky not once but twice in one day .you dont get many chances from the start ..I was lucky ..good timing  research check this area and that area .having eyes looking for it on a daily bases  helped ..I cant expect   for our local police to have time to do the job .. chasing my truck full time ..

nick you cant leave it up to the police to find 

THANKS NATHAN … YOU  have to really want something back you have to stay on the law a44 .you have to  keep your eyes opened . pay attention to little details .take pictures of poeple you dont know driving or hanging around your area . I dont let anyone to just  hang around my home area with out finding out who and why they are here .some get mad and I say tell me or the police . or get the heck out of here .even at night where I dont know if they have a gun .better me shot than let them do no good around here … ANd as much as I bitch about poeple and their cell phones .it was a cell phone call and pictures from a friend who helped  us find my truck  social media has its good when used like it should .. . I was really mad at my local police first  LONG STORY so I wont go that far . but we had all four thieves at one spot at autozone and they let three get away .. wow my ex boss stopped me from hurting one or more of them he knew what I was going to do luck for someone ..  them or me I was willing to go to jail .. then to find the truck touch the truck only to have the police take their time I lost it again .wow I was mad as hell ..my wife was my savior . .but that second time .I told the police I will not let this truck get away again not no way no how .very adamant on my intentions .. I suppose that got the message and 5 patrol cars joined in  after we gave them the directions as we followed . this idiot drove not 60 feet from where they stole my truck . my drive way ...I know many people looked for this truck and I thank those who did and are silent . finding the truck earlier that DAY  got my wife and I  out that night checking on a lead ….dont give up I wasn't ..I knew I would get the truck or the thieves or both .

Edited by HiTech