Strong field to tackle Hickory at 14th Annual Easter Bunny 150 this weekend

Strong Field Set To Tackle Hickory At 14th Annual Easter Bunny 150

NAPLES, ME(April 17) – As the 14th Annual My Computer Career Easter Bunny 150 approaches this weekend, drivers and teams from across North America are making their annual holiday trek to Hickory Motor Speedway.  The action-packed Saturday of racing will also see Mini Stocks added to the Easter Bunny weekend, utilizing Carolina Mini Stock Challenge rules.  Meanwhile, the state of Pro All Stars Series (PASS) Super Late Model racing in the Mid-Atlantic appears to be on the rebound.  As it has since 2006, the MyComputerCareerEaster Bunny 150 and its iconic trophy have become bucket list material for many short track racers from across the country.     

But, there is even more on the line in this year’s version of theMyComputerCareer Easter Bunny 150.  With over 30 cars already entered, the “Bunny” has added importance this year as it is once again a part of the prestigious PASS National Championship Series.  Five-time PASS National Champion, Ben Rowe, has seen the Easter Bunny 150 grow since its inception in 2006 and he believes it will just to continue to grow as one of short track racing's premier events.

“I think it’s just getting bigger and bigger,” says Rowe, a winner of the Easter Bunny 150 in 2009 and 2016.  “Everyone in the south knows the Easter Bunny at Hickory now.  Just look at Bubba Pollard, one of the best Super Late Model racers in the country is coming to Hickory again to try and get the Easter Bunny trophy, that says a lot.”

On the other end of the spectrum is second-year PASS racer, Gracie Trotter. Trotter turned heads with an impressive drive in the 2017 Mason-Dixon MegaMeltdown at Hickory.  Coming off a history making sixth place finish in Asheboro, NC last year, which tied Kenzie Ruston and Tayla Orleansas the best finish by a female ever in PASS competition, Trotter is ready to try her hand again against the best short trackers on the continent.

“I've always ran well at Hickory and holding off Ben Rowe for the win in the last chance race a couple of years ago was huge,” says Trotter.  “There are a lot of cars in this race so I’m going to have to stay on my toes.  I know if I stay patient, keep the nose clean, and watch ahead, I can get a good finish.”

Rowe and Trotter will be up against one of the strongest fields ever assembled on Saturday for the 14thAnnualMyComputerCareer Easter Bunny 150, including 6-Time Easter Bunny 150 winner, Preston Peltier, defending Oxford 250 winner, Bubba Pollard, and former Hickory winner and fan favorite, Brandon Setzer.  They will be joined by a huge contingent of New Englanders including 2-Time Oxford 250 winner, Travis Benjamin, as well as defending PASS National Champion, Derek Griffith,last year's Mason-Dixon MegaMeltdown winner, Derek Ramstrom, Gabe Brown, Ray Christian, III, Jake Johnson,Richmond winner, Mike Hopkins,Devin O'Connell, Travis Stearns, and Craig Weinstein.  3-time PASS South champion, Matt Craig will be seeking his first Hickory win, along with southern drivers like New England transplant Wyatt Alexander, as well as Kodie Conner, Justin Crider, former PASS South champion, Tate Fogleman, Jared Irvan, Trey Jarrell, Kyle Plott, and Blaise Rutherford.  Jerrick Johnson will pilot the MyComputer Career machine and will be joined by Kyle Busch Motorsports driver, Amber Balcaen, making her first PASS Super Late Model start.  And two Canadian provinces are currently represented by Ontario’s, JP Josiasse and Nova Scotia's, Nicholas Naugle.

The action kicks off on Friday, with optional practice for the PASS Super Late Model and Mini Stocks from 3– 6PM.  On Saturday, practice will begin at 2 PM, followed by qualifying at 4:30 PM, the pit partyand Easter egg huntat 6PM, and features for the PASS Super Late Models and Mini Stocks at 7 PM

Entry forms and the complete weekend schedule for the 14thAnnual MyComputerCareer Easter Bunny 150are posted onProAllStarsSeries.com, along with forms for next weekend's Oxford Plains Speedway opener and the 46th Annual Oxford 250.  

The Pro All Stars Series is recognized as North America’s premier sanctioning body for asphalt Super Late Models and boasts such marquee events as the legendary Oxford 250 at Oxford Plains Speedway, the Easter Bunny 150 at the historic Hickory Motor Speedway, and the PASS Commonwealth Classic at Richmond Raceway.  For technical information concerning all PASS divisions please send questions to passracing@roadrunner.com.  For media or marketing questions, please contact Alan Dietz at 704-231-2039 or alandietzpass@live.com.  Please visit ProAllStarsSeries.com for more information.  And, don’t forget to “Like” the Pro All Stars Series on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @PASSSLM14 to keep up with breaking news as it happens.

Archived