Texas Dirt Truck Series returns to I-37 on Sat., Apr. 13

For immediate release:
TDTS Public Relations
Tel: 207.689.6630

Return to I-37 Speedway next stop for Texas Dirt Truck Series
Baggett leads the charge into Race No. 2

PLEASANTON, Texas (April 9, 2019) — After a successful debut last month, the sights and sounds of full-bodied pickups roaring around the oval are about to return as the Texas Dirt Truck Series (TDTS) contests race No. 2 at I-37 Speedway on Saturday, April 13.

Spectator gates open at 4 p.m., while pit gates will open for race teams at 3:30 p.m. Admission is $15 for adults, $10 for seniors and military members, and $6 for children ages 6-12. Qualifying races will get under way at 7 p.m.

Leading the charge into I-37 is inaugural race winner Larry Baggett, of Marble Falls. With his strong chassis setup and hard-charging style, Baggett set the tone for 2019 with an impressive run on March 23. He'll be the favorite on Saturday and has a target painted clearly on his No. 3 ride.

“They'll all be chasing Larry, but I have a feeling more guys will be in the hunt this time around,” series owner George Jones said. “Larry is a talented driver and hit the setup for trucks at I-37 a little faster than his rivals. You can bet they're chomping at the bit for another crack at the trophy.”

Among the other drivers to watch on Saturday is veteran drag racer Russ Parker. The Missouri native who's lived in Texas for over 30 years is new to the dirt oval game, yet is taking the challenge seriously as he pilots the Parker-Jones Racing/Russ Parker Construction Chevrolet in TDTS events.

“I'm starting to get a handle on what the truck needs to get through the corners and have the kind of forward drive we need up off them and down the straightaway. We've been testing and learning as we go. I'm more confident this time around and anxious to get this Silverado back on track.”

Other drivers to watch on Saturday include Russell Rust, of Boerne, Texas. Rust looked strong in his first outing last month. His M5 Utilities Chevrolet will be geared up for success when he unloads in Pleasanton this coming weekend. The project manager at M5 has dirt track racing in his blood.

The Texas Dirt Truck Series was launched in Oct. of 2018 and is contesting its inaugural campaign in 2019. It was formed on the concept of America's love for full-size pickups and passion for short track racing on dirt.

I-37 Speedway is operated by R&M Promotions, owned by Ray Doyon III and Michael Keylich. The two longtime friends and business associates (Doyon in landscaping, Keylich in irrigation) have a passion for short track racing and are in their third season as promoters at I-37.

Together, Doyon and Keylich, along with general manager George Jones, have turned what was once a closed-down facility into one of the most lively and competitive bullrings in the great state of Texas. Car counts are solid across the board as the 2019 season hits full throttle.

For more information, visit the series online home at www.texasdirttrucks.com.

Parker & Baggett.JPG

New Official TDTS Logo.jpg

Archived