King237

Bristol Spring Race Attendance 4-7-2019

Earlier in this thread I mentioned I followed the Texas Fab 5 (Foyt, Larson, Rutherford, McElreath and Ruby) through their racing careers when I was much younger.

Then, this evening, I happened to come across the little gem of a race. Turns out all five of them were in it. Take a look.

They could have used more grandstands!  Great stuff!

:DWOW THE EPA wont let us oil the tracks today . .use of old hacksaw trick ..who needs grinders .no push carts . just a few leg starters ..clear on car cameras .. pushing those cars looked like they are very heavy .large steering wheel for quick steer .64 i was riding my  new Schwinn banana seat bike rubbing elbows with the road rash trying to master wheelies . that is why i have no freckles on my elbows . playing with toy army tanks  cannons and men in the dirt .drinking fresca and making homemade ice cream . deer hunting .playing with tarantula spiders and horny toads  and watching gun smoke and lone ranger and at times captain kangaroo ..lol … learning how to work on dads 56 desoto and 59 el camino  i miss both cars  and  mom and dad  water skiing behind that old merc .   just about every thing else those were the  fun days ..how could i forget living just down the road from the best show on earth auto racing .cc speedway .

Edited by HiTech