Bristol Spring Race Attendance 4-7-2019

King237

On 4/8/2019 at 1:55 PM, toyotatim said:

In a serious question, what exactly are you referring to as Nascar greed? 

Serious question back to You. How much do You know and understand about NASCAR Back Office, Licensing, Track requirements from NASCAR? VIP, Cold & Hot Pass Cost that are specific to NASCAR that the tracks get zero dollars from?

I'm asking, only because I can go on and on to answer Your question. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, arob said:

True ,  there hasn't been a big drop off at the three tracks so far. Competition level at I-37 and TRP is still there. At least those who can't go $6000to $8000 for a competitive Factory Stock have the option to go E-Mod or Sport Compact.

I think we are about to see an explosion of sport compact cars.  I also think they are how we will get new drivers into the sport.

I knew better than opening this thread, but I felt safe since it wasn't started by #na$cargroupie timmy...

30% of 160,000?......Ummmmm the answer is not 10,000....which was actual estimated attendance. 

I swear if only 10 people showed up Timmy wouldn't see a problem.

NA$CAR PPV coming to a theatre near you soon!

I know a little about it.    I know Nascar signed an $8.2 billion dollar tv deal and the tracks get 65% of that, the team owners get 25% via the purse and Nascar gets 10%.  

A lot of the tracks are owned by the Nascar family do I doubt they are screwing themselves.

So, how could Nascars greed effect attendance?

1 hour ago, rebelracewriter said:

I knew better than opening this thread, but I felt safe since it wasn't started by #na$cargroupie timmy...

30% of 160,000?......Ummmmm the answer is not 10,000....which was actual estimated attendance. 

I swear if only 10 people showed up Timmy wouldn't see a problem.

NA$CAR PPV coming to a theatre near you soon!

Actually, i do no go to the track to watch people in the stands.  But I did read where the estimated attendance was 35,000.    I did see lots of great racing though.   That is what it is all about.  

"Appalled by so many empty seats at Bristol Motor Speedway, Clint Bowyer did some digging and learned what race fans have known for more than a decade.

Hotels along the Tennessee-Virginia line near the iconic NASCAR track have pushed one of the most popular venues on the circuit beyond the budget of the average attendee. Bowyer made a handful of calls and said he was outraged to discover lower-end lodging starting at more than $300 a night."

Had some curiosity after I came back from race today. Made some calls, this is what I got.
Johnson City Courtyard =$319, but are now taking walk-ins at $105. Hampton Inn= $308. But will be back down to $133 on Monday. Reason he gave was “it’s race weekend.”
Pisses me off!!!

https://www.apnews.com/deffd836e9ff44fca9d1f66682010195

Hotel prices have ALWAYS been jacked up for NA$CAR, INDYCAR, F-1, you name it....So I'm not buying the "shinola" attempting to be sold....It's one the reasons I quit going to TMS.....Even hotels in Weatherford and Plano jacked up rates on race weekend after not doing the first several years.

Media sources are estimating 10K.....I'll go with an unbiased number since tracks like COTA, seems to inflate their numbers....Either way, even 35K is not 30% of 160,000.....But thanks for playing Math for Motorheads!

Maybe all the fans disappeared here.

20190410-78m-800x466.png.91cd3568eb6ac910fe24b52e76ad12f9.png

I wont eat out in anyplace where the parking lot is always low on car counts .. poeple  see empty seats at a nascar race they more than likely stay home … poeple will go were other people go .so no one in the stands  hurts nascar more than some would think ..those who are not there have no story to tell . man fantastic time at so an so race .even if the race was boring .every one else was having fun just being around so many others and meeting some new friends . fans at a track all have something in common . .. we decided not to go to taxas after 2001 .cost . that kept the other 9 friends and family members from going not because of the cost they could afford it ,we  decided  we were not going  and none of us have been back sense ...see the point .

Edited by HiTech

1 hour ago, Josh42 said:

Best thing I have read this week from Jim Utter: Fans Not in Attendance complaining about fans not in attendance.:blink::blink:

Roger that.  The best time to go is when there is no crowds.  I mean, drunk guys spilling beer on you is fun, but it is fine to attend a race without it too.   Everyone can have 2 seats then, one for you and one for your ice chest

It makes no sense saying people dont go because noone is there.  How do you know noone is there unless you go?  Just like noone watches the races anymore, but they all have comments on how to change them.  How do they know what to change if they are not watching?

13 hours ago, Josh42 said:

Best thing I have read this week from Jim Utter: Fans Not in Attendance complaining about fans not in attendance.:blink::blink:

Well I don't necessarily consider a comment as a complaint....but that's just me, I guess.

And to re-iterate....Hotels around have ALWAYS jacked up rates near tracks.....Same for Indycar and F-1 at COTA.....I tried to find a room near Cotton Bowl one year that they scheduled their 2-day season ender the same weekend as F-1....I opted to drive back/forth both nights....100's cheaper, but tough on an OTF.

21 hours ago, arob said:

And Boyer is right $308 hotel room is a killer for a ton of folks and no fault of NASCAR.

So let me get this straight, hotel rooms are the reason for people not showing up,  even though when their was a wait list for tickets and they were charging this much for rooms it was ok and not a problem, but now since the attendance is a problem its the over priced hotel rooms fault.

1 hour ago, Josh42 said:

So let me get this straight, hotel rooms are the reason for people not showing up,  even though when their was a wait list for tickets and they were charging this much for rooms it was ok and not a problem, but now since the attendance is a problem its the over priced hotel rooms fault.

Didn't say it was THE reason. Just saying it is for a lot of people. To get the whole picture on hotel room cost it would be good to know how much there were the last five years. Maybe if they brought Danica back NASCAR could get another "Danica bump"!

46 minutes ago, arob said:

Didn't say it was THE reason. Just saying it is for a lot of people. To get the whole picture on hotel room cost it would be good to know how much there were the last five years. Maybe if they brought Danica back NASCAR could get another "Danica bump"!

The gouging on the hotels has been there forever.  The only thing that has changed is that Social Media wasnt around then for everyone to complain about it and dwell on the negatives.   Who cares what it costs, what is $300 anyway.  You cant take it with you.  Too many people would rather spend $900 on a Iphone so they can get on social media bash away at  something they cant afford

I had season tickets for the first 10 years at Texas Motor Speedway. The reason I stopped going was the prices for the hotel rooms and the food at the track. Sure I was willing to pay the high prices for a while just for the thrill of going to see a live NASCAR race. To take time off from work, spend over a thousand dollars for a weekend of racing gets to be too much for this old timer. I tried camping there one year. It rained a lot that time. When I went to take a shower the water was backed up to our knees and the line was long. If I was a multimillionaire like Nick I could afford a motor home and take my shower, eat and sleep there. But until I hit the lottery it's most likely not going to happen.

5 hours ago, Radical said:

I had season tickets for the first 10 years at Texas Motor Speedway. The reason I stopped going was the prices for the hotel rooms and the food at the track. Sure I was willing to pay the high prices for a while just for the thrill of going to see a live NASCAR race. To take time off from work, spend over a thousand dollars for a weekend of racing gets to be too much for this old timer. I tried camping there one year. It rained a lot that time. When I went to take a shower the water was backed up to our knees and the line was long. If I was a multimillionaire like Nick I could afford a motor home and take my shower, eat and sleep there. But until I hit the lottery it's most likely not going to happen.

nicks  a multimillionaire  .. I knew something was weird about him I mean cheap golfing shoes oil leaking car .worn out but good old ford pick her up . and needing a shave   at times . I have been to his house and I never saw a lambo  sitting around his short up hill narrow driveway ..that takes an hour just to get  through the maze of a neighborhood   to get to his front door ...well I suppose I can give him credit he has us all fooled . a Lonestar speedzone golden piston award headed your way  nick .is that your real name 

Edited by HiTech

nicks  a multimillionaire 

If I were a multi-millionaire, the San Antonio area would have a 3/8-mile paved oval with 12-15 degree progressive banking on one end and 10-12 degrees progressive banking on the other.

No walls, with an off camber section down the front straight, 25 feet, or so, before the spectator protection wall.  Both turns would have run-off areas with soft loam banks 25 feet down an off-camber slope about 25 feet away from the top edge of the turns. 

Paved pits with electric service and water in all 150 pit stalls. 

Grandstands would be state of the art with individual seats instead of bleachers. There would be VIP suites all along the front straight together with a state-of-the-art media/video center with direct access to race control.

There would be an 1/8-mile drag strip that would share the pits with the oval track. 

Parking areas would be paved and serve both the drag strip and the oval.

Those are the basic parameters for the physical plant. 

The premier class would be what we used to call 'rice grinders," four cylinder, fuel injected, front wheel drive, sexy exhaust systems and complete safety systems and full roll cages.  You know, the kind of cars the youngsters race on the streets these days. The next lower class would be either the Dwarf or Legacy spec cars. The lowest class would be stock street FWD compacts, similar to what we race at tracks all over the country in ever-growing numbers.

Sure, bring in the ancient V-8s once in a while and maybe work with the existing Southeast asphalt tracks.

You get the idea.  All I need is a few million bucks... ok, maybe several millions bucks,

Nick

I think we all need to sign a petition with Nicks wishes and send it to Michael Dell to make it happen.

Maybe promise to name the track after him and allow farmers to enter free,

Farmers in the Dell section?

23 hours ago, Budman said:

NO PROB, NICK …………..  The check is in the mail !!!  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$    You might look for it, Oh say about Thursday's mail.  :lol: :lol::lol:

I didnt  know wells fargo still picks up and delivers out their them hills you live in .. bud .. how you send it . by a buzzard .. really budman  we cant believe this story .. I mean the missing rock story is still hard to believe . I think you blew it up using a sling shot .

Edited by HiTech