STLMS at I-37 Speedway this Saturday, April 6

Here is some information about the drivers expected to be at this Southern Texas Late Model Series event at I-37 Speedway. 

2018 Series Rookie of the Year “Little” Robbie Starnes will be at I-37 Speedway to defend his win from 2018. Robbie picked up the win in 2018 at the season opener in his first ever series start, and would back it up with win later in the season at Texana Raceway. It didn’t take “Little” Robbie long to follow in his dad’s footsteps, finding his way to victory lane early on in his career.

Come out to see what his sophomore year with Southern Texas Late Model Series will hold.

4.jpg.8ad4c07b71750866f7902e8d1fe8b54b.jpg

After not competing in Southern Texas Late Model Series events for almost a year and a half, Baytown, Texas’s Kevin Sitton is slated to make his return this Saturday at I-37 Speedway. Kevin was victorious in his last trip to I-37 with a dominating win late in 2017.

Come out and see which car he will be in!

2.jpg.19f47a8876299c845cd6bcf8481e1088.jpg

3.jpg.5851ce97c2255a3f47dd724141158147.jpg

2015 Series Champion and Rookie of the Year Brandon Brzozowski will be defending his home turf at I-37 Speedway this Saturday. Brandon picked up his first series win at Grayson County Speedway in 2018 after losing a close battle to eventual rookie of the year Little Robbie Starnes on opening night at I-37 Speedway.

5.jpg.e6250d4418fb78ca1793da168484e503.jpg

Local shoe Cody Leonard will be in the house at I-37 Speedway this Saturday in the Chris Swenson owned #48 Machine. Cody was on a hot streak in 2018 winning two in a row in the last two events he competed in for the year. A partial 2018 schedule provided a 3rd at I-37 Speedway, and then after a break following a wild ride in Lubbock saw him fall out with a big lead at Texana Raceway Park and finally close the deal with two in a row at RPM Speedway and Devil’s Bowl Speedway.

Come see how he’ll start the 2019 season at his home track!

6.jpg.3c91873fbefb0371d494db6fdebef101.jpg

Other drivers expected to be in attendance this Saturday at I-37 Speedway include:

Katy, Texas’s Colton Horner. At a young age, Colton is already a veteran with the series, and is off to a good start this season after some strong runs in speedweeks at Eastbay in February with the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Series

Rookie contender Talon Minten in the Ray Doyon owned machine will be defending his home turf . Talon has strong runs in his two starts in 2018 and will be looking to build on that for 2019.

2014 Series Champion Jarrod Stepanski looks to start the 2019 season on a strong note after finishing out 2018 with a top 5 at Big O Speedway.

Mike Fenton of Oak Leaf, TX will be looking for a solid run to start his season after a 3rd place points run and runner up for Rookie of the Year in 2018.

After proving to be a strong contender in the modified division, Chris Carroll will start his rookie season at the track where he won 3 in a row in the modified division in 2018. Chris will be piloting the #12 Kody Hardage Racing machine, as Kody steps back to manage series business.

Local veteran Ron Sprayue will be starting his 2019 season at his home track. Ron has a ton of laps around this place, and should be fun to watch.