Too Many Rules

toyotatim

What I understand about the restrictor was put on after snow ball because they dynoed the engines and they found something different about hamners sealed engine. The guy that won the radler had hamners sealed motor with restrictor. Ricky could just out law the engines and everyone who wants more power can buy a open engine 

13 minutes ago, j.j.&s.racing said:

What I understand about the restrictor was put on after snow ball because they dynoed the engines and they found something different about hamners sealed engine. The guy that won the radler had hamners sealed motor with restrictor. Ricky could just out law the engines and everyone who wants more power can buy a open engine 

The guy who won the Rattler had a McGunegill Engine.  The guy behind him had a Hamner and could not pass him with the best equipment in the business

3 hours ago, NickHolt said:

Here we go ..... 

Someone comes up with a reasonable, cost-effective set of rules and the organization grows like crazy. Then someone with a bit more money than integrity breaks or severely bends the rules and starts winning like crazy. Others suspect someone ain't right and start complaining. Big money and those beholding to the big money folks, defends the illegal modifications in one, or more, of the follow

Nick 

There  GOES THAT I AM OLD AND IN THE KNOW STUFF . fee sorry for you stuff .. the seen it before stuff  …. AND YOU KNOW WHAT  .you are correct nick .I been around racing from the early 60s ..and all this isnt nothing new .. so no matter what racing is still around ..along with you me and others from those early days ..actually with out us the older group .their would not be any racing ..the ones before kept it going ..I have kept it going and now our kids will keep it going and 40 years from now our kids will be reading the same thing we are reading  today …. and sayin the same ..I have been there done that ..

The new KBM Rowdy chassis is going to be a huge game changer costly but very cool concept they have to offer. $28k for roller YIKES Hubs brakes rack rear end all arms and interior no plumbing. Comes with endless support form their staff for each track. Time will only tell but I expect them to all be up front. Donnie Wilson has one in the works so will see. 

Then, happily, someone with good sense and a love of the sport comes up with a reasonable set of cost-effective rules and their organization grows like crazy. Then someone with a bit more money than brains... etc, etc, etc.

I've been around stock car racing since the jalopy days of the 1950s, folks, I may not look it or feel it, but I'll be 75 in May and have witnessed this cycle many, many times over the past 60 years.

If I had a nickle for every time I've seen this or a class price its way out......I'd have shit load on nickles!

12 hours ago, toyotatim said:

They used to plow fields with Mules too, I hope we never go back to that.  There are still junkyard classes, so there are plenty of them to run.   Late models have always been expensive and always will be.   If you cant bring money, you need to bring your charm and sponsors.  This is America, anything is possible.  

Mr Tx Tom is correct, the price to run in the upper series probably just went up with the Hamner/Hamke/Kyle Busch teaming up.  The inability of management to form a set of guidelines to police the  Seal Alliance group has just increased it too.  Who wants to run a SLM with a restrictor?   So now they will either get another motor or go to lightening things up.  For about $10,000, you can be competitive again.  Wide 5's, transmissions, rear ends, etc all need to be lightened and rebuilt more frequently now.  The rules are what increases the costs.     Some are throwing in the towel now.   The ABC body deal and Seal Alliance are to thank for that

I’m not even sure what to make of that statement. We used to have capacity crowds at every Cup race and a circle track in every small town; would you like to go back to that? The average family man used to be able to run a competive latemodel stock car; would you like to go back to that? The fans in the stands don’t give a damn if the cars are running 17:50s or 18:50s on a half-mile track but they’ll sure as hell notice when half of the cars are missing. Pole 100 people and ask them if they’d rather super late models run $70k motors or double their car counts.

On 3/20/2019 at 10:19 PM, JamesHigdon said:

I’m not even sure what to make of that statement. We used to have capacity crowds at every Cup race and a circle track in every small town; would you like to go back to that? The average family man used to be able to run a competive latemodel stock car; would you like to go back to that? The fans in the stands don’t give a damn if the cars are running 17:50s or 18:50s on a half-mile track but they’ll sure as hell notice when half of the cars are missing. Pole 100 people and ask them if they’d rather super late models run $70k motors or double their car counts.

They really dont care what times the cars turn ..true very true .we slowed a whole class down in 1990 and no one noticed that on the track .but what was a notice was 13 more new cars and 13 new drivers in that same class total of 21 cars .and some of the best races put on by our little cars . we became the best class racing ..best shows ..poeple who never thought about our class actually moved down to race with us ..cost effective back then .went from losing money the last four years to making money or breaking even ..numbers on the track and close door to door racing will pull the fans in when doing that night after night ..

On 3/20/2019 at 10:19 PM, JamesHigdon said:

Mr. James,

I thing you misinterpreted my post.   Yes, we used to have capacity crowds at Cup races and every small town.  The cup races are made for television, and there are tons of other ways to watch it now that being at the track.  The new generation does not want to go to the track because they have other things that interest them..  Things change, it will never go back to that just like many other sporting events or hobbies.   The average man can still run a competitive late model stock car.  If you cant fund it out of your pocket, there are sponsors everywhere and it is done every day with the help of sponsors.  They dont come knock on your door, you have to go sell them.  Kids wont do that anymore.  You are so correct, the fans in the stands dont know if they are running 17:50s or 18:50's, but they do know when cars are missing.   Do you think the fans know when the Mcgunnegil Engine or Progressive Engine that wins races every day had 3 to 5 HP less?    This is Super Late Model racing and it is supposed to be less governed that others.  They attract the money to the tracks, so if you beat them down, watch the rest go down with them.   Heaven forbid that one builder was better at his trade and got 3 HP more.   GET A ROPE

Archived