Update on GW Egbert

Nathan

UPDATE FROM GW’S WIFE Brooke:

They have his mouth wired shut and now we wait till Tuesday to see if he needs surgery.
They want to give it a day for the swelling to go down

I just saw an update from his brother as well 
He is on his way home now. A follow up appointment Tuesday to see if he has to do anymore surgery’s. Top jaw is broken along with some other bones.

Guys please keep praying!!

Also Here is a picture of the helmet from His crew cheif Kelvin Harper

54798186_2558240634246071_1499024795545632768_n.jpg

A mod in front of him touched the wall and a chunk of concrete became loose and came went into the car and impacted GW directly in the helmet.  The shield gave in and actually stripped the bolts that holds the shield on.  GW removed the piece from his helmet and said it was bigger than his hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone please keep GW Egbert, his surgeons, and his family in your prayers, as he goes into surgery today.
Prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. We hope to see you back at the race track soon, GDub.

I have not seen any new updates but I take that as a good sign.  the family is not very active on social media.  the family is allowing him healing time.  But last I heard the surgery went well and he is recovering now. 

From Chase Allen

Update on GW, 
He’s struggling with the new plates in his face but he is being positive. He has no feeling in his face which was a possibility but it could or could not come back. He has a hard time breathing through his nose and he is a lot of pain. But as all of you know GW is a warrior and although he is bed ridden currently he is fighting through it to get over this. His wife Brooke Simpson Egbert and him thank everyone who has given them support and prayer, but please continue.

AFTER having surgery on my lower face and having my lower lip removed and cheek replacing the lower lip . it took about a year to get my feeling back …..I hope and am sure he will get that feeling  back least most of it ./ dont have all of it back after 5 years and I still   wont use a razor to shave …….good luck and hope he heals ..

Archived