Night 3 Jerry Whiteaker Memorial

top_shelf_12

Just checked the official results and it appears some changes as now Brian Rye and David Lege Jr have been awarded 4th and 5th respectively last night. So here are the eight drivers locked into tonight's A Main for $8900:

Thursday's Qualifyers were 21 Chris Brown, 112 Jason Ingalls, 87 Lawrence Mikulencak, and 89C JJ Jennings. 

Friday's Qualifyer's were 9 Shane Hebert, A1 Phil Dixon, 90 Dustin Butcher, and 184 Brian Rye.

If they start straight up, the first four rows will look like:

21 9

112 A1

87 90

89C 184

Two of the most prolific chassis builders in Modified racing (IRP and Express), two longtime hot shoes, a car that no matter who drives it is up front, a couple of Crate powered machines proving they can run with the open style motors, one of the best shock builders, and a car that never ages and can win on any night, which is For Sale in any stage that is well maintained and very fast in South Texas. Tonight should be a blast and I know there are 40+ other of the best Sport Mod drivers in our region that would love to challenge these top 8.

Not to mention, the Pure Stocks who are racing for over double the money they win on any given night ($700) which has seemed like an All Star Race of the 3 South Texas tracks with a few others thrown in the mix. James Parks in his 33JP machine goes for the weekend sweep. Daniel Preston gave it everything he had last night before he had to pull off with front suspension problems, so it won't be a walk in the Park so to speak. Should be a great night but remember to come early as race time is set at 6:30 this evening. Come on out and pack the stands and watch some of the best Sport Mod and Pure Stock drivers in the South go for big money and big pride to wrap up the inaugural Jerry Whiteaker Memorial race. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top 8 Qualifiers out getting some laps in:

21 Chris Brown

9 Shane Hebert

112 Jason Ingalls 

A1 Phil Dixon

87 Lawrence Mikulencak 

90 Dustin Butcher

89C JJ Jennings 

184 Brian Rye

Now the 23 USMTS/USRA Modified of Logan Robertson getting some more laps in, sounding like a Sprint Car in regards of how often he's on the throttle. 

Just a reminder, results I post are Unofficial and I have no contact with track officials. I only go by what I see, or try to see, on the track. Intermission at STS and it's a nice night here, track is in good shape. Aggressiveness has picked up already. A lot of sheet metal work will be done.

Scary moment here as Joe Aramendia rubs the backstretch wall and car turns driver side door first into the tire barrier separating the track from the pit exit. Medical staff on site quickly and he's being checked on. Ambulance pulls away without him in it and driver appears to be ok.

Archived