Time to get excited S. Texas race fans!!!

arob

The time has FINALLY got here. The long awaited Jerry Whiteaker Memorial at South Texas Speedway ! Boasting one of the best payouts around and with the weather looking better every day this is an event not to be missed. I would expect 70-80 of the best Sportmods around the state and couple that with the best of South Texas Pure Stocks there is going to be a ton of racing for your dollar all three nights. So make your plans this Thursday , Friday and Saturday nights . I saw on STS's Facebook races start at 7:30 Thursday and Friday nights $2000 to win $200 to start each night  and 6:30 Saturday for the big $8900 , $890 to start main event. So get there early. You don't want to miss this!!!!

Good turnout of Sportmods for practice , around 30 or so. Track got real fast as the night went. Quite a few were fast cars so the racing ought to be quite intense this weekend. The weather forecast keeps getting better and better each day. So plan on attending as many nights as you can.Races start 7:30 Thursday and Friday and 6:30 on Saturday. You don't want to miss this one !

Overall a good night. Sportmod A-Main was excellent once it got going. Even after moving the back wall in 15 feet didn't stop them from going 3 sometimes 4 wide back there. Yes I did say 4 wide. Track took awhile to come in but once it did . Wowza! Can't wait until night two. Oh yes Chris Brown came from 14th to win. Jason Ingalls was second and Lawrence was a strong third pending tech.

A great night of racing Friday as the first 4 rows are set for the Jerry Whiteaker Memorial tonight!. Now the battle gets more intense as many good race teams race tonight to make the field for $890 just to start! Three wide big boy racing was everywhere Friday night and it should really ramp up tonight. You can't miss this ! Check out  southtxspeedway.com results page to see all the names who have yet to qualify . Impressive in itself. Remember races start at 6:30 so come early as the stands SHOULD BE packed for this one!

Archived