Nascar Vegas

toyotatim

This new package is awesome.  These restarts go 3 and 4 wide for lap after lap and they can hang on to them.  The whole race ran without a single caution.  The only caution flags were for the end of stages.  These guys hit a home run here with this package.  Thanks nascar. 

Haven't watched Na$car in 4 years or so. I watched the first three races so far and not much has changed that I see. I can not get behind this stage racing. I don't get it. I guess it's the soccer mom's approach to make more of them feel like they won something.

Listening to the commentators trying to oversell what your seeing on the track about drove me to turn it off. 

And already talking about playoffs three races in is just ridiculous.

I'll watch a few short track races and see if they make it move again. Or maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy.

The best part of that race .was I never turned the tv on to watch it .I saw not one lap even in replay ..next weekend will be the same ..I lost all interest  in watching a cookie cutter tracks ...three or  four high speed tracks in a row .. boring ..

Not all local race fans are NASCAR fans.  Also not all NASCAR fans are local race fans.  So if the owner of the San Antonio track is using NASCAR numbers to decide to build a track then he maybe disappointed when it is open.  He needs to be at local tracks.  Be it dirt or asphalt and ask the racers and fans.  I know plenty of NASCAR fans that have never set foot on a local racing facility. 

It is all part of the evaluation process.    The common denominator in local pavement racing comes directly from the level of interest in Nascar.     It is understood that not all local fans are Nascar fans and vice versa.  But go to a local pavement track and look at the people wearing Nascar products.    There are always the Nascar boo birds, but he is interested in he level of interest.  How many fans are left.  

Even when 25-50% full, there are still more people in the stands at a Nascar race than all the local tracks in Texas combined on any Saturday night.  What were the attendance numbers at HMP last week?  Apples to oranges comparison I know, but Tim is right.  If Nascar is ever dead and gone, the local tracks will be too.  But we know it won't be dead and gone anytime soon because even all the haters like you guys tune in on $undays.

If NASCAR is dead and gone the local asphalt track may be too. I think we are seeing this now. As for butts in the stands I think a local track sponsor goes to the track and sees  say 600 people filling 60-100% depending on the track feels much better than the NASCAR sponsor spending big bucks and walking into these half full tracks.There is no doubt NASCAR knows they have a problem and now that France Jr. is somewhat out of the picture they have done things to try and fix it.Now that NASCAR has taken over ARCA maybe they will adopt the variety of tracks ARCA races on as soon as they can. I hope more asphalt tracks will be built and succeed. It will take at least a few seasons to get going as racers gain confidence in the track to commit to building a car. Most of us old timers grew up at the asphalt track and it can be big again if it can match the excitement dirt tracks for the most part currently provide.

Archived