Snowball Pitstop Rules

PAPosse

I've been meaning to ask you guys what you thought of the new pitstop rules being implemented at the Snowball this year.  In short, you cannot gain (or lose) position during yellow flag pit stops anymore.  For me, this is one of those cases where I can understand why, but I really don't like it.  It seems there should be another way to regulate it....as if you can't use anyone who was on a crew in the top 3 divisions, or something like that...

As always, it comes down to money.

https://www.shorttrackscene.com/2019/01/27/snowball-derby-pit-stop-rules-change-debate-spills-onto-twitter/

Technically you can lose positions during the yellow flag pit stops.  They are controlled cautions and you are given a certain set amount of laps if you don't make it back on track in those laps you would lose position.  I remember what Casey said in the podcast on the RUSS show and it all made a lot sense.

I understand your smaller funded team this is a big help to those teams as they are already spending a lot of money for just this one race.  The bigger funded teams this don't like this because this just another advantage for them.  Its a 50/50 deal. 

Now listening to the Dale JR Podcast last night from last year he was talking about his Late Model teams he owns and he said if they want to save money they need to look at other things.  He said when he ran his program from 94-96 he needed about 50 to 60k to run an entire season.  Now for his two teams he needs 150-200k and they run less races now then what they ran when he did.  He said in 95 he paid $100 a tire for a Hoosier F43 and they are still running that same time to this day and it is now $200 a tire.  He said you needed 10k for a motor now that same motor is 30-45k and then there is the shocks.  So there is ways to cut spending and this is a start but I think there is a lot of other avenues to look at.

Archived