K & N East

toyotatim

2 hours ago, toyotatim said:

Yea, I have to admit, that is pretty good.  Anytime you win a K & N race, that is awesome.   I just dont care for dirt, at all.  I like stirring the pot, It is cool to wake these old folks up and get them on their keyboards. 

If you want to wake us up, write your messages DURING the nascar race.

Nascar has its challenges.   It will never be "what it was"  but it is safer than ever.  I believe that the worse thing that has happened is technology and time.  Back in the 90s, 80s, 70s what else was there to take your time.  There are more things to take our attention.  I am a dirt guy and always will be.  I believe dirt has more action in 1 lap than a lot of asphalt races do in 20.  It could just be my reception but that's what I see.  it could also be the time.  I don't watch as much football or any sports as I used to just because I don't have the time anymore.  the days of just sitting in front of the tv on weekends is gone for me.  nascar needs to shorten the races for me to get back in it.  I don't believe Nascar is dead but I do believe dirt racing (World of Outlaw and others) will make a rise as the tv people have started to notice it.  

17 minutes ago, Nathan said:

... but I do believe dirt racing (World of Outlaw and others) will make a rise as the tv people have started to notice it.  

Which, IMHO,  will be the beginning of the end for a great, grassroots sport.

TV and big sponsors bring big money, made-for-TV events,  big purses and expensive technology.  Corporations and a few big teams will end up calling the shots while me, you and Bubba will become extinct.  

We've been there, done that...

Yes,  it is an expensive sport that needs money.  TV brings it, we welcome it.  Just last night I watched a Blizzard Race on Mav TV from last year.   That is awesome, Five Flags Speedway promotes very well.  The Alabama 200 had 27 Pro Late Models this weekend and old School Augie Grill won.  He spoke about it this morning that he was dragging his feet wanting to change, however he made some changes to the front end geometry that is the new stuff being run by GMS and others.    Change happens, and kudos for him showing he is willing to change.   His car was awesome.   Heck man, some guys still wear their hari like the 70's.   The chicks dont dig that man.  You needs a new hair style occasionally just like front end geometry

Sure.  What's your poison?  Positive, Negative or Zero scrub radius? Or maybe uneven scrub radii to counter the loss of driver feedback when using power steering and large caster settings on the longer tracks, eh? 

Or how about the relationship among KPI, Caster gain and left front weight gain? Or maybe your cup of tea is vertical verses horizontal weight transfer with variable roll center heights? Ah, I know, your specialty must be dynamic left-right horizontal roll center locations.

Front end geometry. That's like getting a front end alignment at Pep Boys, right?

You're a fun guy, toyotatim!

One thing I really like about ARCA is they run on everything. High bank 1/4 and 1/2 miles , long and short track dirt, big speedways. It used to be ARCA-We love to crash but the ones I've seen on MAV have been really good. I hope NASCAR doesn't screw that up. Nathan , I grew up on asphalt , a lot of CC Speedway , SAS and and a little Longhorn. And the racing was great.Started liking dirt after going to the Modified Nationals in McAllen. CC was great all the way up until Owen went to STS. And it has been dirt ever since. I have a lot of hope the new track in Marion can jump start asphalt racing. If they can build a multi groove track that would be great.

Yes World of outlaws Sprint car qualifying is way more exciting.  Small cars with big horsepower turning a 3/8 Mile dirt track sideways at 117 mph.  That's much more exciting!

I agree with Nathan 100%.  1200lb car with 900hp turning a 1/2 mile oval in under 12 seconds is pretty impressive or that same car on a 1/4 miler and never lifting just using the brake to set the car.  That is amazing NASCAR has nothing and will never have NOTHING on the World of Outlaws.

23 hours ago, NickHolt said:

Which, IMHO,  will be the beginning of the end for a great, grassroots sport.

TV and big sponsors bring big money, made-for-TV events,  big purses and expensive technology.  Corporations and a few big teams will end up calling the shots while me, you and Bubba will become extinct.  

We've been there, done that...

I don't think World of Outlaws have been grass rots for years.  big money has been there for a while.  this would just be more people to see it that haven't.  MavTV has already been putting some modified races on tv and sprint cars too.  

2 hours ago, toyotatim said:

World of Outlaws really do nothing for me.  I would rather watch Bubba Pollard and Augie Grill at Alamo City Motorplex race it out

Unless they are racing drag cars I wouldn't hold your breath on this.

Archived