K & N East

toyotatim

That race at New Smyrna was a great race to watch.  Very cool race, but it is clear Hailie Deegan is another Danica Patrick.  She may be able to raise money,  but the race car skills dont ever catch up with her money skills.  She will tear some things up.  Five Star likes her

This was the Pro Late Model Race ...There are 8 nights of Stock Car Racing at NSB Speedway prior to the 500 on Sunday down the road.

Deegan is in the 38 car and you can catch her wreck at about 6min 30 secs in. Race won by Augie Grill (112) due to Black flag on Jamie Skinner (51)

Pro Late Model

A Feature 1

00:00:00
Pos Start Driver Hometown Car
1 3 Augie Grill Hayden, AL 112
2 6 Todd Stone Middlebury, VT 1X
3 24 Jeremy Miller Rockford, IL 5
4 4 Sammy Smith Johnston, IA 81
5 9 Harold Crooms Lakeland, FL 32
6 10 Austin MacDonald Pictou, NE 13M
7 21 Jackson Boone Franklin, TN 7
8 14 Chuck Tuck ATHENS, AL 17T
9 2 Loris Hezemans Amsterdam, NH 5H
10 11 Jerry Artuso Sault Ste Marie, ON 5A
11 7 Nicholas Naugle Dartmouth, NS 08
12 23 Mason Keller Dayton, OH 29
13 12 Jerick Johnson Mooresville, NC 76
14 13 Kevin Folan Attleboro, MA 17
15 17 Carson Reed Ware Greensboro, NC 51W
16 5 Jamie Skinner Port Orange, FL 51
17 15 Tyler Porter Chipley, FL 14
18 16 Dalton Smith Palm coast, FL 24
19 20 Sam Johnson St Peters, MO 19S
20 8 Daniel Dye Deland, FL 43
21 19 Tim Sargent South Beloit, IL 2
22 18 Chance Jewels Palm coast, FL 24J
23 1 Hailie Deegan Orlando, FL 38
24 22 Stephen McCurley Houston, TX 1

She had position on the inside, and wasn't given a whole lot of room.  I would chalk it up to one of "them racin' deals".

Of course, had she been on the outside someone would say she came down on the car on the inside.  Rarely is an incident 100% a single-driver's fault.

Unless we're talking about Danica, of course. ;)

Hailie Deegan would run circles around Danica Patrick and she would also run circles around Natalie Decker as well.  I have followed her career and yes it helps to the daughter of one of the godfathers of freestyle motocross and rally cross.  But they are some of the most humble people there is.  I follow the whole family and his son Huckson "aka DangerBoy" is going to be one heck of a supercross racer when he gets older.  They are on the track almost everyday riding and working to better themselves.  She was the same way when she raced offroad trucks they were practicing constantly to make themselves better.  So yes she can raise money and she has the name but she has also proven herself.  She has drove late models in California but to go across the country and jump into a car you have never been in at a track you've never ran a latemodel at and do what she did was pretty impressive and she must be doing something right.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting note I saw yesterday on Instagram.  To prepare for the K&N East race at Las Vegas dirt track this coming weekend, Deegan and 1 other driver went to Cory Kruseman's sprint car school at Ventura and drove non-wing 410 sprint cars.  She put up video as well as her father and she was wheeling it pretty good for a first timer in a sprint car.  She also been driving their PRO 4 Stadium trucks as well to help prepare. 

30 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Tim that's the most ridiculous statement you have ever made 

Not so, Nathan.  I get to read and approve/disapprove all of toyotatim's posts.  He has composed many posts far more ridiculous than that, but they don't make it to the forums...

I must admit, though,  that most often toyotatim has the uncanny ability to go just up to the point where I will stifle his sometimes very humorous attempts to rock the LSSZ boat. 

Nick

Yea, I have to admit, that is pretty good.  Anytime you win a K & N race, that is awesome.   I just dont care for dirt, at all.  I like stirring the pot, It is cool to wake these old folks up and get them on their keyboards. 

17 minutes ago, NickHolt said:

Not so, Nathan.  I get to read and approve/disapprove all of toyotatim's posts.  He has composed many posts far more ridiculous than that, but they don't make it to the forums...

I must admit, though,  that most often toyotatim has the uncanny ability to go just up to the point where I will stifle his sometimes very humorous attempts to rock the LSSZ boat. 

Nick

O I'm sure.  😉

38 minutes ago, toyotatim said:

come on man, I am just having a little fun with the Nascar haters, its all good. 

We know, tim. We know. And I find some of your posts quite comical and at times even insightful.  Have a good day.

Archived