Texas Dirt Truck Series partners with Bus & Transit Sales

For immediate release:
TDTS Public Relations
Twitter: @PhilWhipple

Officials announce partnership with Bus & Transit Sales at Texas Dirt Truck Series

'Moving Forward' Award created to reward passing

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Feb. 9, 2019) — Officials at the new Texas Dirt Truck Series (TDTS) announced on Saturday a new partnership with New Hampshire-based Bus & Transit Sales, Inc. Owned by veteran transit executive Harry Franssen, the company has a rich history of supporting motor sports.

This valued new partner has created the 'Bus & Transit Sales Moving Forward Award' for 2019, paying a $100 bonus per race to the driver who advances the most positions during their heat and the feature. This will ensure exciting (yet respectful) action for fans throughout the night's program.

In addition, the driver who gains the most spots during all 11 features this season will receive a $400 bonus, bringing the award's total value to $1,500. It's a fine gesture to enhance racing while also putting cash where it belongs, in the hands of those who work hard to be competitive.

“We're thrilled to have Harry Franssen and Sr. VP Ryan Caron of Bus & Transit Sales on board for our inaugural season,” TDTS co-owner George Jones said. “This adds tremendous credibility to our series and helps the racers, which is what we're all about. We place great value in this new partnership.”

Bus and Transit Sales, Inc. is a worldwide provider of used fleet-maintained school buses of all makes and models. The company has been in the exporting business for over 40 years, with customers in Africa, Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, Guatemala, El Salvador and Mexico.

“I'm excited to be involved with this exciting new series,” company founder and president Franssen said. “I have a location in West Virginia and am currently seeking a dealer down in Texas. This partnership allows me to help this great series while gaining ground in an exciting market area.

“My passion is auto racing. I've been involved in a number of ways with some great drivers and teams over the years. I'm utilizing the Texas Dirt Truck Series to grow my business while also helping what I feel is an excellent concept in the sport. With asphalt racing so costly, dirt racing is the future.”

This new partnership was announced in front of a group assembled at All In Designs. Owned by Russell Gordon and located in San Antonio, All In Designs offers graphic design, commercial vehicle lettering and wraps, along with providing high-quality screen printed and embroidered apparel.

The shop known for helping racers throughout the Deep South region hosted an informational meeting for drivers and team owners interested in competing with the TDTS in 2019. The new award was well received by all in attendance.

“We're fortunate to have Harry and his company supporting our efforts,” series co-owner Mike Fortier added. “His support of racing in New England is legendary. I truly appreciate his faith in us.”

The Texas Dirt Truck Series will kick off the 2019 campaign at I-37 Speedway in Pleasanton, Texas on Saturday, March 23. For more information, please go to www.texasdirttrucks.com.

Bus and Transit Logo.jpg

New Official TDTS Logo.jpg

Archived