Sign in to follow this  
Budman

SOMETIMES THE BEST THINGS ARE FREE

A couple of years ago I was visiting at my sister's home.  We were sitting around talking in her den.  Somehow the subject of my interest in auto racing came up.  Suddenly he stood up and said "OH, I've got something I've been meaning to give you for years.  She left the room, then came back in and handed me a little slip of paper.  Imagine my surprise when I took it and looked down at it.  She had had this autograph for over 55 years.

IMG_0834 (4).JPG

Edited by Budman

I know, I know some of you that get on here are not familiar with Jud Larson or maybe you've never even heard of him.  Here's a little background on him.  Take a look.

Click ------->  HERE

AND

Click -------> HERE

Edited by Budman

Yep H/T.  You know me …….. There is always more to the story.  My sister got the autograph back in the mid 50's when she was a teenager.  I was just a little kid back then..  You see, Jud's older brother and family were our next door neighbors.  Jud would frequently stop by there to visit.  He liked to laugh, kid and tease us kids.  We thought he was really funny.  I remember him pretty much as he was described in the Robin Miller piece above as having one of those larger than life, John Wayne type  personalities. 

Wow. Just.....wow.

I am too young to have ever seen him race,  but I know he was very popular in my neck of the woods.