Sign in to follow this  
metroracer

Asphalt Super Stock - (100% Complete & HMP Race Ready)

Old School Metric Monte Carlo Asphalt Circle Track Super Stock race car / Team Sell-Out....100% complete and 100% race ready as it sets.  would be great as a start up Super Stock racing team for a (young racer to be....)  to support short track racing in Texas at HMP in 2019......

This is a Complete Racing Package deal only.....Selling the car and every thing that goes with it as well...Not as a Roller of any type, or individual parts of any type...."As A  Complete Package Only"...this car & number has been registered for racing at HMP in 2019,  ready to go....

including:  Extra new racing springs, Extra Ford 9" w/ 31-spline 6.20 Richmond Gear chunk included,  (4) new Hoosier R-750 race tires & new wheels,  (8)  extra good used R-750 Hoosier race spare tires, 11 total  new wheels,  the AMB hard wire transponder included,  the Large Sport II Hans Device included,  new Racequip Shoulder harness set, new Racequip window net, extra new Afco racing springs included, The Brand New Radio  equipment, & lots & lots of new & used extra spare parts included...

The car: has a new composite hood,  all new mostly aluminum body panels,  new RJS 12 gallon fuel cell,  new Ford 9" 5.83 Richmond Gear chunk in the car...,  Rear disc brakes, 18'' Kirkey aluminum race seat, new Shonefeld shorty mufflers and 3" exhaust exit pipes & down spouts, all fluids & filters has been changed recently... and much, much more....

would be a great start up team ride for a young driver starting out....

Located in Houston, Texas..

Please P/M me with Serious Inquiries if interested....

thank you for your time.....and thanks LSSZ for allowing me to post this ad...

Humbly Thank You ….

( this car is 100%  complete, 100% race ready for HMP for 2019.....)  (only reason of selling this car / team because of I have no regular team members to help out...)

DSCF0204.JPG

DSCF0203 (1).JPG

DSCF0199.JPG

DSCF0200.JPG

1988 monte carlo race car.jpg #10.jpg

1988 monte carlo race car.jpg #5.jpg

1988 monte carlo race car.jpg #8.jpg

1988 monte carlo race car.jpg #5.jpg

1988 monte carlo race car.jpg #9.jpg

1988 monte carlo race car.jpg 11.jpg

DSCF0207.JPG

Edited by metroracer

Very nice looking car. You don't know anyone that could help you? That's too bad. Shouldn't be difficult to sell in my opinion though. I see these pictures are marked about two years ago. Is the car still in this condition?

Thank You very much for your KIND comments & question....

Nope....My Brother in-law was my only hope of help with me on my team this year,  but here recently he has some very deep personal family members health issues to deal with now this year now...I do have another Friend, But he is Married and can come only a few times at best......he can not commit to any more than that....So at best, I did get the car ready to race this year...But I am left with no team members to help me out on a regular weekly basis now...

So have decided to sell off the complete team....

*   "in Ref. to pic's dates....."   Well to tell you the truth I have never set the date or year settings on my little cheap Walmart Camera....

However, some of the pic,s of the interior of the car are a few years old and those for the most part are the same....But the exterior pic's of the car and the Hoosier race tires are very recent from this past week end....

thanks...

Edited by metroracer

Metro has a good reputation on here and has bought and sold a number of items here in the classifieds over the years. 

Nick

nice looking car.  Back in the day, there was more than enough guys wanting to help out.  This day and time, most people want to play on their iphone or ipad rather than work on a race car.  That is just the way it is today.  We did not get the young ones addicted to the sport, they have other things to do.  It is all but over, very soon.  Noones fault really, promoters tried, many different series tried, just not enough customers to support much of it anymore. 

If I wasn't getting too dang old, had more money and the time this would be something I would not mind having at all. I wish you luck in finding someone to help you race. I'm sure there has to be people in your area who would be willing to help with just the cost of a pit pass. Maybe advertise something in your local paper or Craigslist.

Thanks...."Radical",  "Uncle Nick",  & "toyotatim"  for your fine comments & sentiments...

thanks again Men.....

Wow John...that ol #2 car sure got a nice update from the last time I saw it. All this talk about you running that car I was excited to run with you here next month. As unfortuante as it to hear someone sell there car because the lack of crew, it may just be the start of someone elses race career. 

I'd suggest at least to bring it out March 2nd just to help sell it, feel free to pit by my dad and I. We'll gladly help where we can, you already know everyone who has helped me and I'd be glad to help at the track. 

...and if your willing I'll buy those 86 1/2" tires

Edited by rocket55

31 minutes ago, rocket55 said:

Wow John...that ol #2 car sure got a nice update from the last time I saw it. All this talk about you running that car I was excited to run with you here next month. As unfortuante as it to hear someone sell there car because the lack of crew, it may just be the start of someone elses race career. 

I'd suggest at least to bring it out March 2nd just to help sell it, feel free to pit by my dad and I. We'll gladly help where we can, you already know everyone who has helped me and I'd be glad to help at the track. 

...and if your willing I'll buy those 86 1/2" tires

Well Hello & Thanks there "Big Core"....As I am very Humbled by every ones Kind comments & sentiments for sure, for sure.....

Yep !!! , I was some what left to hold the "Proverbial Bag" so to speak.....No hard feelings though...Family is Family..... I don't hold no hard feelings what so ever....Cancer is a very bad thing for us Humans for sure,  but even worse when it hits members of your Family or extended Family....it is what it is, and move on the best that I can !!!!

I am thinking that Mr. Bobby is in the process of setting up a meeting between him and your Dad & You some time soon.....so heads up on that idea...

So for time being lets all wait for that to come to pass....and then possibly we can see what comes from that meeting some time soon....

For sure as we all know....You, Your Dad for sure,  even Bobby, and I want to support asphalt Short Track racing here locally and maybe even the new track if it were to come to pass as well....

thanks again every body....

John Cornish

Edited by metroracer

3 hours ago, fastman said:

How much for the roller??  No motor, No trans.

I am very sorry....But this Car is NOT being sold as an " Car Only,  or as Any Type of a Roller"

this is a "Complete Race Team Sell-Off"   (Every Thing to do with this Race Car  including...the Extra Parts, Extra Tires Wheels, Extra Springs, Transponder, Hans Device  is being sold as an all included  package deal only...)

However, thank you very much for your interest....and good luck !!!

Best Regards...

John

I'm still having a hard time understanding why this car hasn't been sold yet. First class looking car. If I was back in the game and needed a car this would be the one I would buy. It's also too bad you cannot find a crew to keep you racing. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Radical said:

I'm still having a hard time understanding why this car hasn't been sold yet. First class looking car. If I was back in the game and needed a car this would be the one I would buy. It's also too bad you cannot find a crew to keep you racing. Good luck!

Yep, your right on all of the above comments......It is setting in the garage on jack stands as we speak almost completely race ready and with every thing a racer needs to racing Real Soon, with the needed Hans Device, the AMB Mylaps Transponder, a Brand New set of Hoosier race tires & new Aero Race Wheels, recent New RJS fuel cell, tons of used spare tires & wheels, Tons of Extra new Afco racing springs,  Brand new Racequip Shoulder Harnes & Racequip window Net....( and including all of the new radio equipmet just purchased as well

the car has engine option #2 (355 c.i. open motor) , Saginaw three speed tranny...(1.89 second gear), Ford 9" rear end for Metric G-Body w/ 5.83 Richmond 31-spline full-spool gearing & rear disc brakes, Comes with a Extra new 9" third member chunk (6.20 gearing), The radiator has been very recently flushed out and Water Wetter added....

Just needs a racer with his Helmet, Fire Suit, Gloves, Shoes and his set-up added to the car and go racing REAL SOON.....just that simple.....

Thanks "Radical" for your kind comments....

Truly , HMP needs ALL of the cars on the track that they can get to put on good racing at the Palace of Power…..

They really, really do need a driver in this car racing at HMP real soon....I just want to get out of racing...that's all....

this car is waiting to be raced some time real soon...

( I am in the process of changing all of the Fluids, Replacing the valve springs, a few other of a little finishing touches as we speak....will be done with those task real soon...)

Thank you "LSSZ" and all of the speed zone Members to allow me to post this ad on LSSZ...Thanks Again "Nick" & Radical, scotty9, fastman, rocket55, cmize....I am Humbled.....

Thanks....

Edited by metroracer