NASCAR will disqualify winners for failing postrace inspection at track

rebelracewriter

100% legal always have been always will be. The 2015 race season we finally got to run the entire season with SST and we did our homework and worked hard all year kept our stuff maintained to the top.  We ran 16 races that year and our worst finish that year was a 12th at the first race of the year after that we finished every race on the lead lap with 15 top 10's, 9 top 5's, 1 win, numerous heat race wins and we finished 3rd in points in one of the tightest championship battle SST ever had.

When we ran dwarf cars in 2001 we ran 33 races finished 33 races on the lead lap 33 top 10's, 32 top 5's and 3 wins and we finished 2nd in points by 2 points. Same thing we busted our ass did our homework and worked hard and kept maintenance program on priority, to minimize breakdowns and dnf's.  We would of won the championship that year but broke and axle in the next to last race of the season and the guy who won the championship was able to capitalize on our misfortune. 

So if you take care of your stuff and know your stuff you don't need to cheat to win.

IMG_9534.JPG

Chad Knaus is one of the greatest of all times, if not the greatest.   Chads DQ's  are a great subject at all shops around great USA.  I am pretty sure there are not many people in the Garage than do not respect Chad.  Chad and Bill Belichick will be remembered for their wins, not their DQ's or losses. 

6 minutes ago, HiTech said:

its called I just gotta win something .sorry every one / but what they hey .have new crew chief and that makes me drive stupid ..come on 48 you knew you screwed up ..

I liked in the interview how he said Menard just came down on him, then when they rolled the “tape” he just stumbled on his words.

I agree he messed up - it wasn’t intentional, but he did screw up.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:17 AM, toyotatim said:

Can anyone name a racer in the Hall of Fame that was never DQ'd?

Has anyone ever actually been fully DQ'd? ..... Since I started becoming interested in the 70's I can't recall anyone getting anything but slap on wrist/fined a token amount/lost a few of points/crew chief suspended.....and lately "encumbered".....Yet no total disqualifications, and I'm talking the second place driver awarded the win type disqualification! ....So my answer would be, ALL of them in the HOF.

On 2/7/2019 at 9:47 AM, NickHolt said:

Reality or not, cheating is cheating no matter what you call it. 

And, no, not everyone else is doing it.  There are honest men and women in the sport, sir, who refuse to cheat even though they know that their competition is cheating. 

Nothing is more rewarding than beating a known cheater with a legal car. And I say that from first hand experience....

Dave Cooke won 13 times in 1993 at Longhorn......we didn't cheat. Two times we stayed until 5am to prove it since the same guy protested us both times

and he was a big time cheater...probably thought everyone was like him. Not everyone cheats despite popular belief.

• 3 years later...
On 2/4/2019 at 6:51 PM, rebelracewriter said:

Halla-freaking-lujah
Wait....I must must be dreaming or hell HAS frozen over.....someone pinch me to see if I'm alive.
Guess well see what REALLY happens when its one the "chosen ones" getting busted.

I'm not usually one for digging up old threads, but this was the first thing that popped into my mind when I read the news...

Two of 'em busted...

Here you go - two at once.  It will be interesting to see what happens with the appeal

3 hours ago, rebelracewriter said:

NA$CAR hadn't had a "full dq" since 1960 according to news releases coming out about the JGR scandal.....Poor Emanual Zakarius and his 1/2 gal oversize fuel cell.

i take the 7 th win bragging rights are down the drain ..  lol .. i do not care for hamlin .

I just wanted to say, the aero manipulation using the wrap and padding (tape) to move it up a couple MM is quite brilliant.

Also cost them a lot.

Denny's Instagram video with the "300k piece of tape'' in the Eagle's mouth on the trophy is outright hilarious, and kudos to Chase for acknowledging the hollow win and wanting to earn it instead of have it.  Pretty cool.

Instagram link, no login required.  
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgdGT5jDd4J/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

3 hours ago, MikePeters95 said:

I just wanted to say, the aero manipulation using the wrap and padding (tape) to move it up a couple MM is quite brilliant.

Also cost them a lot.

Denny's Instagram video with the "300k piece of tape'' in the Eagle's mouth on the trophy is outright hilarious, and kudos to Chase for acknowledging the hollow win and wanting to earn it instead of have it.  Pretty cool.

Instagram link, no login required.  
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgdGT5jDd4J/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

One of the reasons I do not care for Hamlin. He's so darn arrogant!!! Instead of making a video apologizing for what had happened he makes a joke out of it.