2019 event schedule now filled for Texas Dirt Truck Series

For immediate release:
TDTS Public Relations
Twitter: @PhilWhipple

Officials announce remainder of 2019 schedule for Texas Dirt Truck Series

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Feb. 1, 2019) — Officials of the new Texas Dirt Truck Series (TDTS) have announced the remaining five dates on their inaugural event schedule, bringing the debut season up to 11 races at three different venues.

Joining the five race dates at I-37 Speedway in Pleasanton, Texas, and the June 22 event at Cotton Bowl are five new dates at the newly-renamed Monarch Motor Speedway in Wichita Falls, TX. The 3/8-mile high-banked clay oval, formerly known as Red River Raceway, was purchased last week by Raymond Charles Evans III, series director for the Ultimate Deep South Super Late Model series.

“We're more than excited about taking our trucks up to Wichita Falls to compete at Monarch Motor Speedway,” TDTS co-owner George Jones said. “I know Charles is making big plans for several special events up there this year, so we're honored to be a part of those plans.”

The Texas Dirt Truck Series teams will compete at MMS on July 4, 5 and 6 for a holiday triple-header. They'll return on Aug. 30-31 as a companion division to the Southern Texas Late Model Series. It's two trips north for the San Antonio-based group, yet more than worthy for five points races.

“That three-night special on the Fourth of July weekend should separate the contenders from the pretenders,” series co-owner Mike Fortier said. “I'm delighted that Charles Evans feels so strongly about our trucks he's booked us into his new facility on two important race weekends. We're very anxious to compete up there.”

The 2019 campaign will begin at I-37 Speedway on Saturday, March 23. Track owners Ray Doyon III and Michael Keylich will give the command for the TDTS debut race, fitting given the faith those two individuals have placed in the Texas Dirt Truck Series.

On April 13, the series returns to I-37 for Round 2 to see who took the best notes and found the hot setup during their inaugural visit in March. It'll be a true test of drivers and crew chiefs as they work to figure out the right chassis setups for these exciting new pickup-bodies racing machines.

On June 22, a $1,000-to-win race at Cotton Bowl in companion with the Ultimate Deep South Super Late Model series will generate excitement. With its high-banked surface, Cotton Bowl will present a real challenge yet offer big thrills to TDTS competitors. It's a not-to-be-missed event.

Just one week later, the series returns to I-37 for the third of five appearances at the wide, well-groomed oval in Pleasanton. Many teams, like full-time points contenders Russ Parker (Parker-Jones Racing/Chevrolet) and Tony Bernal (MFM Ford) will have the place figured out by then and be fast.

The Texas Dirt Truck Series was launched in Oct. of 2018 and will be running its inaugural campaign in 2019. It was formed on the concept of America's love for full-size pickups and passion for short track racing on dirt. For more information, go to www.texasdirttrucks.com.

New Official TDTS Logo.jpg

MMS Logo.jpg

Archived