Here's hoping for a great 2019 for Texas racing

NickHolt

Asphalt short track racing in Texas is hanging on by a thread and the good will of a few key folks. 

For the past several years we have heard rumors of someone wanting to revive Austin's Longhorn Speedway, of someone buying the fast-decaying San Antonio Speedway property, etc. but so far those rumors have proved to be simply wishful thinking gone wild. 

We sure hope that the talk of a new track in Marion is backed with legitimate plans and actual financial backing. Time will tell the story, but we remain hopeful.

Personally, I have a vision for a large motorsports complex (including a 3/8-mile asphalt track) in Central/South Texas and a general idea of how it would operate. So, if someone with lots of money, a true love of asphalt motorsports and the willingness to hear my vision(s) would like to sit down with me over lunch one day, I'm game. 

2.jpg

Nick

Any new track to be successful is going to need a new approach. Doing the same thing that's been around for  the last 20 years did not work for the tracks now closed. A new show that involves more people will work. Todays money is in the numbers, not the gifted. The most successful promoters I have raced for understood this.

Archived