Boernebullet

#81 Asphalt Pro Modified (100% Complete)

#81 (Spreen Racing) Asphalt Pro Modified For Sale

This car is truly 100% Complete as it sits.

Car is updated to fit the current Houston Motorsports Park & Modified of Mayhem Rules!

Impala Front Clip w/ current Updates

-Full Fire Suppression System
-15 Gallon Fuel Safe Fuel Cell
-16" Butler-built Full Containment Seat 
-Collapsible Steering Column
-7" Integra Steel Stealth Series Mono-Tube Shock With Schrader Valve
-Custom PRC Radiator /w Oil Cooler
-Spreen Engines 4 Barrel Motor w/ 750 CFM Carburetor (Only 4 Races since built)
-5.5" Quarter Master Triple Disc Clutch
-Howe Iron Lunch Crossover Headers (Coated)
-MSD Ignition System
-Floater 9" Rear End
-Custom built Richmond 4-Speed Transmission

Asking $13,000 OBO Race Ready
Is 100% Complete, but very willing to work on different packages. Please call for more pictures and information. 

Greg Spreen
(830)-249-2235

81-1.JPG

81-2.JPG

81.JPG

Edited by Boernebullet

It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway.... this is a 1st class ride.

I’m new. Do I try to run a car like this or a Mod Lite?  I’m struggling with this decision. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, MattnKS said:

I’m new. Do I try to run a car like this or a Mod Lite?  I’m struggling with this decision. Thank you. 

Jump right in, the water is fine.....

Meaning ALL types of racing is fun....

All though it may be a good idea to get  some seat time & a little more experience under your belt before taking on one of these Elite & Powerful type of Pro-Mods right a way....

So get you a Mod-Lite, Eco-Stock, Allison Legacy Cars, Dwarfs, Pure Stock, Street Stock before moving up the ladder of classes as your experience & pocket book grows a little bit more....

Set Goals....

Hope info Helps....

Excellent reply.  Thank you.  I am starving for help and information.  I just realized this is an asphalt car.  I need to race what is local.  I have a dirt track that is very close to my house.  I’m ready to jump in.  I just want to find the right class to jump in that is affordable to get started.  I have the basics (big truck, car trailer, air compressor, and tools).  I want a class that has plenty of room for growth.  I made the mistake a few years back of buying a racing kart.  I enjoyed it but I out grew it too quickly.  My dilemma seems to be look for a basic modified or go with the smaller mod lite style dwarf car.  Both have Saturday night races at my local dirt track.  Thanks for all advice.

Buy this Modified, go to Houston, race it and have a blast.  After a few there, go to Pensacola, Mobile, Opp and run with the best of the best.   The Snowball derby is the first week in December, a great place to end the season in you new modified.

If you only have one nearby track, you probably need to worry more about being displaced from your track than outgrowing the dirt classes.  Obviously we cant see what's happening in Kansas, but around here the classes are fairly stable and you can start on the bottom and move up as you wish. There is one exception here which may translate to your state and that is Camaro/Nova cars,  which go in and out of eligibility, depending on what tracks and classes are open.  The essential thing is to learn basic dirt setup principles, which you can learn in any rear wheel drive class and, for the most part, will transfer up the scale, although they get more complex.  

If you have multiple dirt tracks within a few hour radius running similar classes, or your local track runs classes under a national sanction (IMCA), you are in luck and can safely buy anything you can afford without getting stuck with it down the road if/when the local track closes or changes hands and rules.

Edit - I hope you aren't looking at what we call a full (not Limited) mod, as those are NOT the place to start.  You could start with a Limited mod, since they have similar suspension to stock cars, and not be nearly so over your head.  I personally would recommend starting with what we call a Pure or Factory Stock.  We have one driver around here who ran a Pure for a couple of seasons, under the direction of his long time racer father, then moved to a full mod and is doing well.

Edited by Bobby

Thank you so very much for the reply. I’m grateful for any and all advice. My local track runs IMCA. I have been attending all the races I possibly can and always buy a pit pass. I need to work up some more nerve to talk to more of the local drivers in the classes I’m interested in. Any good sources of classified ad websites anyone can recommend so I can get idea of my initial investment?  Obviously questions for my local drivers too. It’s sure fun to look.  Trying to be patient and find the right setup. 

Thanks again. 

Racingjunk.com is one.  I think there are others that will be suggested.  Also check the facebook page for your track, or for dirt racing in your state.  If you want an in with the drivers, ask the announcer or track owner who is most approachable.  They will know.  It would be very beneficial if you could find someone located near you who you could help for a year or two to learn the basics, ideally someone not at entry level so they will have something to teach you while not being worried about you becoming immediate competition.

Edited by Bobby

Most of the guys will talk to you. If they don't, that may be a cue to avoid that particular class anyway.

The best way to get started on the right foot is develop a relationship with someone local. Cars are bought and sold all the time without ever being advertised for sale.

Keep in mind, if you ask the exact same question to 15 different drivers, you will get no less than 45 different answers. Take everything with a grain of salt.

My $0.02, unless you already have decent setup knowledge, I'd steer clear of a full mod. Find a video of a mod rearend on track and think about how the hell you would ever figure how to make it work.

I love dwarf cars but I know the midwest is more modlite heavy. In my experience, modlites are less friendly in the pits and more aggressive on the track. Some sort of pure stock or I stock would be good if you're wanting something full size.

Edited by TexasAggie13

12 hours ago, toyotatim said:

Buy this Modified, go to Houston, race it and have a blast.  After a few there, go to Pensacola, Mobile, Opp and run with the best of the best.  The Snowball derby is the first week in December, a great place to end the season in you new modified.

As far as this comment is concerned, as well as probably this thread and entire forum, you're a keyboard warrior with the sole intention of stirring-the-pot.

How about instead of typing: Either practice your typings; Or let people know who you are, to show that you do actually practice what you type.

Buy this car Timmy.

Dillon Coyne

Edited by TexasAggie13