F5RACING

97 Chevy spark problem

What would cause there to be spark to distributor, but not at plug outputs other than timing. Read that the cam sensor would not cause this issue. Could the crank sensor cause this though?

Truck ran out of gas and hasnt started since. 

20 hours ago, F5RACING said:

What would cause there to be spark to distributor, but not at plug outputs other than timing. Read that the cam sensor would not cause this issue. Could the crank sensor cause this though?

Truck ran out of gas and hasnt started since. 

97  distributor caps if I remember right are long gated or cross fire how ever you want ..they have a problem with number  2 I think and the coil wire input are side by side     the two right  rear ..[ left' rear  looking at from front ].will crack or burn in between them and short out ..had that happen more than once ..funny this happened with running out of gas .but stranger things have happened when it comes to that system they got smart in 2000 models to get rid of that crap … you said will fire in cap but not out to plugs sounds like it cracked or burned .you know the crank sensor is reading   and cam sensor is  reading  if it fires into the cap , but it does not mean they are  in coordination  though .but should fire out of time if they are not .least try to start … if the cap  are burned or cracked it will most likely show a brown rusty color .check rotor for deposits .change or clean it ..

Edited by HiTech

Cap and rotor changed already. Plug wires and plugs. Thinking it might have something to do with ECM. I'm not sure if my scan tool will give me the information I'm looking for to diagnose thos problem. It was more a TC scanner that reads O2, fuel mixture, etc. Not sure what info I can get without it running. Thanks for the input HiTech. It was an AutoZone cap... Never buying sensors from AZ again. Never have they worked properly.