Jason Johnson Racing to continue Jason’s Dream with David Gravel on WoO Tour in 2019

NickHolt

Jason Johnson Racing to continue Jason’s Dream with David Gravel on World of Outlaws Tour in 2019

CONCORD, NC – October 31, 2018 – After her world was turned upside down in June, Bobbi Johnson faced seemingly impossible challenges, including what to do with the Jason Johnson Racing No.41. Today, Bobbi and her son Jaxx, announced the team would return to the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series tour full-time in 2019 with David Gravel behind the wheel.

“Continuing JJR is an overload of emotions right now,” Bobbi Johnson said. “We continue together with excitement at this point in our lives, as Jaxx lives for these races and the boys that make up this dream team we have assembled. It is so awesome to sit in the stands and watch that No.41 car go around at these tracks.”

Following the loss of her husband Jason, Bobbi and her dream team, as she calls it, gathered themselves with the support of the entire industry to field a car at the Knoxville Nationals, Williams Grove National Open and several other races, including this week’s World Finals presented by Can-Am at The Dirt Track at Charlotte, where veteran Joey Saldana will be behind the wheel.

Gravel, of Watertown, CT, is a 39-time winner on the World of Outlaws circuit and was a free agent for the 2019 season. Bobbi, Jaxx and the JJR team quickly scooped up the 27-year-old, who is one year removed from an eye-opening 18-win season on the tour.

“Jason built a first-class operation and I am thrilled to carry the JJR banner,” Gravel said. “[Crew Chief] Phillip [Dietz] and Bobbi are motivated to keep this team going and I’m excited I can be a part of it. I am confident we have all the tools to compete at the highest level. I’m very happy to land back on my feet on the World of Outlaws tour, bring on 2019.”

As Gravel mentioned, Dietz will return as Crew Chief for the iconic team. “It’s an honor to have Phil Dietz stick it out to be a part of what him and Jason Johnson built in 2010,” Bobbi Johnson said. “We are looking forward to seeing what 2019 has in store for us.”

Like the rest of the new team combinations, Gravel and JJR will debut at the 2019 DIRTcar Nationals at the newly remodeled Volusia Speedway Park, where the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series will be in action February 8-10. The 2019 World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series promises to bring many positive changes and exciting new faces to The Greatest Show on Dirt. Stay tuned to woosprint.com and World of Outlaws social channels for the most up-to-date news.

Archived