Nascar Martinsville

toyotatim

Nascar knocked it out of the park again with the race at Martinsville.  The last 5 or so laps were awesome.   Then a last lap last turn bump and run.  What more could you ask for.  I really do not car who won, but Joey Logano executed that to perfection.  Him and Truex raced side by side, lap after lap.  Truex screwed up by clearing Logano too early.  If left his rear bumper exposed.  After it was said and done, you could see that he would have been better off leaving Logano beside him.  It was awesome to see the crowd and it was an awesome race.  Peace out man.  

PS  Joey looked like Sr.     But Joey just rattled his cage, he did not wreck him.   

I enjoyed this race like I enjoy all NASCAR races. This one was better than most , I wish we could have seen all the action because it was all over. Great job NASCAR, that's what getting back to grass roots racing is all about.

Don't worry about the whiners, they don't driver race cars anyway. I bet real drivers appreciated how these NASCAR drivers handle their cars and manage their cars for a long run. I know for myself at asphalt tracks I have had to wait many laps to make a pass. When the car in front of you wiggles you know the time is near. These drivers don't make the rules or pick the tracks but do an amazing job of car control. Our local tracks are lucky if 2 drivers can do 5 side by side laps without crashing. These cats do it for over 3 hours. Wish I was one of them.

Now to NASCAR. Get more short tracks on the schedule. Make the cars tougher. Let the drivers go for it. And a Flying Carlucci occasionally cant hurt. Just keep it televised.

I didn't watch the race, but as I understand it, Truex and Logano raced side by side cleanly for about 10 of the final laps.  Then, after being passed clearly, Logano moved him over for the win. 

Lots of different opinions being expressed on social media on this one for sure.

Yes sir, that is what we like to see,.  Mr, Dale did that every time he needed to.   That is what it takes to be a champion .  If you dont do that, you will be an also ran.  Racing clean for 499 laps will get you there but the last lap will be a little dirty

Oh yes, they would have still be celebrating if it were Kyle and not Martin.   I really like Martin, but I knew it was coming when he cleared him.   You "may not" bump a teammate, but more than likely anyone else is fair game with these stakes as high as they are.  Short track racing on local track for peanuts is different.  You have to live with these folks and the stakes are not high.   In the top three, you better wreck you mother and kick your dog if you want to stay there

Archived