Thank You HMP for All The Memories

Saturday nights racing at HMP was magnificent as usual.  This is Uncle Bob, race track announcer for HMP for the last 20 years.  Saturday nights race ended the 2018 season and this would be a great time to bring on some new blood and excitement on the announcers stand for 2019.  Due to age, health concerns and new business commitments, now would be the time to get out. Most people involved in racing always say it is the people involved in racing that make it enjoyable.  I have been blessed to meet and get to know many, many people for the last 20 years and those wonderful memories I will keep forever.  

I need to thank some special people that allowed me to take this great adventure.  Daniel Balisles, track owner and Mick Anderson track announcer when it was called Houston Motor Speedway.  Graham, David and Dean Baker when it changed to Houston Motorsports Park.  Fritzze and Barry Collins for all those wonderful years of fun.  Tim Masters who joined me on the announcers stand for a few years. Nick Holt, president and CEO of Lone Star Speed Zone whose Saturday afternoon discussions were educational and fun.  Those are the things that I will miss the most.

I need to thank two of the best race announcers in the country and host of the Revved Up Sports Show, Rodney Rodriquez and Bobby Chaffee who filled in for me in 2010 when I had open heart surgery and unable to announce.  They have also help with the show for the last few years.  I cannot explain how grateful I am that they would take time out of their schedule and travel from Austin to make sure the show was top notch.  

Special thanks to Raymond Delahousse, Aaron and Amy Hogan for bringing HMP back to life.  Finally, thank you to all the drivers, crews and fans that made the memories for the last 20 years, They will never be forgotten.

The racing gods have looked down favorably on me and I will always and forever be thankful.

As I have always closed the show, "We hope you had as much fun as we had bringing the show to you, until we meet again, Good Night"

One of the best race announcers that Texas has ever known is hanging up the mic. 

Uncle Bob a good friend and his presence at HMP will be missed by many.

Good luck with all your new ventures, Mr. Mireles!

Uncle Bob you are far too kind. It has been a joy and pleasure to be friends with you. You’re always positive attitude and great outlook on our sport is something that I will always look at as special. Your work being the voice of HMP  has been a blessing to all of us for many many years and you will be missed. Thank you so much for all the great memories and I look forward to staying in touch with you. 

No, No....Thank You Sir...you were definitely entertaining for sure !!!

Yes,  you made us feel like one big happy racing family at the race track for sure! …..and always at the end of each racing Saturday night , you made sure to remind us to get up and make it out to church the next day....thanks for that...

Maybe you can come back and make a Cameo Appearance once and a while and call just an Eco-Stock race the way you used to.

you were entertaining & a class act....God Speed my Friend …...

John C.

Archived