Cotton Bowl Speedway's promoter shares her perspective

NickHolt

Evening everyone, a little Promoters prespective...

What a day, got to bed about 5:30am, was woken about 8am with calls, pms, text right & left. Got to the track, then right at 3:00 we got our third start to another rain shower, that's when we called for all drivers to come to the tech pad, there was about 20 so we invited them inside the office & we all talked about the rain they had just ran through, we talked about the current conditions, the rain predictions, the real possibilities of haulers getting stuck, then rescheduling possibilities or not. Came to the conclusion we would not run or reschedule as not really any available weekends without stepping on other tracks big shows.

It was a long day, a rainout is way more work than putting on a race! It was way after dark as we left the track. As I drove away, I drove very slow, kind of in a zone trying not to cry! Yep, didnt have my big girl pants on. 1f641.png:-( H beat me home & was showered, I walked in & said I feel like such a failure, do u???? He wrapped his arms around me & said honey, we paid nearly 11000.00 for heat races, people saw great racing last night & he said, who knows our higher power may have lead us in a direction that could have saved something really bad from taking place, on the hwy who knows! We did the best we could to be as fair as we could.

With all of that being said. Before we left we counted ALL the money that came in, front & backgate, backed out raceday expenses & came up with a payout for everyone that ran last night, it was time consuming, maybe even a little off (not in the tracks favor) & we went with it & paid the driver's that were willing to wait. The remainder will be mailed or we can pay by paypal, whatever is most convenient. Just pm me or text 512-844-3582, ur perference!

I hope everyone has or will be making it home safely. We can't thank KRAGH'S JEWELRY enough for their support of our OctoberFAST & Ken Ladd said their already getting excited to sponsor the "COLD" HARD CASH 300 ENDURO 300, Dec 29th! The Morris family, words can not express the inspiration that your family shares everyday, thank you for the support of the OctoberFAST. Aaron & Liz outstanding work! Thank u I37, HOT & 281 for ur help & encouragement! I37, u guys out did urself!

Drivers, crews & racefans, thank you for all the love & support for our 1st season in Dirt Track Racing.

Respectfully, 
H, Mary Ann & Team
(11:44pm Sat 10/13/18)

Sorry to see this happen to cotton bowl .never been there and hope maybe next season we can make it up there ..jesse took a ride up there and liked what he saw ..we loved racing for mary ann and team at kyle for many years …. looks like the drivers will be paid that should show every team mary ann and team will take a loss  in hope of a  future ..

Archived