Some new plans emerge for a San Antonio area paved oval

NickHolt

4 hours ago, Radical said:

Walls never bothered me either. I think I have my name on it all the way around Corpus Christi Speedway.

I left my autograph a few times all the way around that track ...even tried racing on my roof . came up three laps and one turn short of winning the race ….I manage to leave a 193 foot skid mark from exit of turn two to turn three .burned a hole right through my roof .funny how the 14 who flipped me look like 41 . with an upside down view ..I often thought once you rub the wall that is as far as you can go .the limit ...and dont go pass that limit .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well; yesterday was the big show at Alamo City Motorplex and not a single circle track car showed up. I was setup to take out two but had a funeral and as hard as I tried I couldn’t keep my commitment to my family and make it to the track and back. The Asphalt Milling machines are out at the track NOW, they’re working on the pits and the strip to get it up to snuff for the NHRA requirement and to give the drifters a surface they can use. I’ve been saying for 6 months the cars are out there, now I need to show it. If anyone has an asphalt or double duty dirt car and would want to race at an asphalt track in SA post up a picture or send it to me; everything from Latemodels and Modifieds to Dwarfs and 4-cylinders, folks that would travel or are local. I’ve got sponsorship meetings, layout meetings and more this week; the track owner says he’s ready to go but I need to prove we are too. Show me if I’m right or wrong.

E0AEE47D-0B85-4B3C-9C2E-E177CA016FFE.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Bharden said:

Lonestar Legacy Series is ready to race.  Brad Harden, Legacy #63

829F971A-5CF3-4691-8438-4BAFD65ABD45.jpeg

Awesome; if you can round up any of the other legacy guys and have them post up pics too or even a group shot works. Circle track racing is hard to explain to someone who hasn’t been around it; it doesn’t make a lot of sense that racers from all over the state would make regular trips to HMP or hopefully our track to race but I’m trying to show that’s the way it works, thank you. 

4 hours ago, getzum said:

#37 Legacy, build it and they will come.

IMG_0144.jpg

Well Said "getzum" !!! ….Plain & Simple.  There are way enough Racers, Race Cars of multiple Circle Track Racing classes, & Circle Track Race Fans alike that just can not wait for an other asphalt circle track in Texas to compliment along with the full-season of asphalt racing @ HMP as well.  Us local racers are Ready, Willing, & Able to support both asphalt racing in Texas.  We all must remember that there was a time in our recent past of five or six Asphalt Circle Tracks here in and around Texas.  We are very Ready ….  To - Get - It - on...  at the these two fine racing facilities.

As "getzum" said.....  " Build - It"  with no worries ...We the Racers Will Come & Support it,  & With No Doubt...The Fans sure will come.....

The San Antonio area & South Texas in General has a very Rich Racing History that goes way back to the very early 60s  at least....

We as Races & Race Fans alike, we do Appreciate this new race track in Texas for sure -  For Sure....And we all give the Owners & investors a hardy THANK YOU....

thanks for your time....

Who is the civil engineering firm on this?   San Antonio and Kyle had a couple of cool tracks to race on, but you can tell, there was no engineer involved in building those.  Take Houston Motorsports Park for example, that track was well engineered.  Hope they hired a good one

• 4 months later...
23 minutes ago, JamesHigdon said:

Someone really oughta beat the guys working on this project with a rubber hose; I can’t believe it isn’t done yet! How long could it possible take to organize, design, fund and build a race track? :ph34r:

Oh, I bet at least three weeks.  LOL

4 hours ago, HiTech said:

HANG them by the ears up on the power wires and whip em with a wet rope … I dont know how long it takes but if they are working on one it wont be aslong as never .

Hey, stop being reasonable, we’re gathering up a lynching mob... :lol:

In all seriousness another meeting was had yesterday; I couldn’t make it to that one but I’m meeting with the parties that could this week. I’ve got to do some re-drawing based upon some new concerns so it’ll be another week of late nights and I’ve got to sit down with all the powers that be and the parties involved again so we can continue moving forward. In the meantime stay positive, make it known the stock car guys are out there, keep social media positive and if you have any corporate sponsorship connections PM me. Thanks.