2018 South Texas Shootout

South Texas Shootout Registration Now Open! South Texas Speedway officials have opened the Southern Sportmod Registration https://www.myracepass.com/register/?n=11875 for the 8th Annual South Texas Shootout set to take place beginning Wednesday November 14th through Saturday November 17th. The 8th running of the South Texas Shootout will feature the largest payday in the history of South Texas Speedway with the Saturday Night winner taking home a guaranteed $8,900 and a total weekend purse in excess of $65,000
http://www.southtxspeedway.com/news/?i=640

5b6ce1d43c16d_SouthTexasShootoutFlyer(1).thumb.jpg.478cc9159eb7e53c14c34fe6ece8e781.jpg

http://www.southtxspeedway.com/news/?i=64093

The 8th Annual South Texas Shootout will open on Wednesday November 14th with an open practice session from 7pm to 10pm to give drivers a chance to dial in their setups in advance of the Thursday Night opener. Thursday November 15th is ARC Demolition Qualifying Night number 1 which will set the front four inside row starters in Saturday Night's A Main and pay the Thursday Night winner $2,000 and $200 to start the Qualifying feature. The Thursday Night Qualifier winner also earns the pole position for Saturday's A Main for their efforts. The top four finishers at the end of the A Main can elect to lock themselves into the show Saturday or come back Friday to try again. Friday Night is D&SS Construction Qualifying Night number two with the same format and payout $2,000 to win/$200 to start. The top four finishers will lock themselves in to the outside four rows of Saturday Night's A Main. Saturday Night November 17th will be the 8th Annual South Texas Shootout Championship Night. Format details to come but make plans now to be a part of one of the richest Southern Sportmod races in Texas history. Visit www.southtxspeedway.com for more info.

• 2 weeks later...

Racer has been here a few times and usually does well. Unfortunately, STS and TRP share a lot of dates and TRP is the track getting the most Streets this season, seems like an average of 15-20, I37 about a dozen or so, STS 6 on a good night and usually just 2. Glad STS let's them run with LLM that way those two guys aren't punished. Basically, if we don't have out of town cars, we don't have a Street Stock class and I know there's some out there somewhere just not running.

They are quiet a few cars that sit or tow out of town for no other reason then childish politics. They would rather promote a go cart track and at the same time tear down the only existing dirt track in Corpus for their personal enjoyment. Even though they have effected the car count in all classes to some degree they have done nothing to hurt long term racing at STS  this year! Racing has been very good and the effort from STS officials has been better then what the spread rumors were this offseason.  We have enjoyed this season and look forward to many more. I hope Edna and Corpus both have learned they need to be opposite from each other to gain any benefits the area has to offer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 12:54 PM, SouthTxPromotions said:

They are quiet a few cars that sit or tow out of town for no other reason then childish politics. They would rather promote a go cart track and at the same time tear down the only existing dirt track in Corpus for their personal enjoyment. Even though they have effected the car count in all classes to some degree they have done nothing to hurt long term racing at STS  this year! Racing has been very good and the effort from STS officials has been better then what the spread rumors were this offseason.  We have enjoyed this season and look forward to many more. I hope Edna and Corpus both have learned they need to be opposite from each other to gain any benefits the area has to offer.

Well Promotion Guy, I totally disagree with your comment. Racers currently have the option to choose which track they would like to run at and I believe that is a great thing to have these days. All tracks in this region not  just the two you mentioned certainly appreciate the racers coming to their tracks. Your childish comment about the Kart track has no ground to stand on as the kart track officials have  gone out of their way to not have a scheduling  conflict with all three tracks at this time. They raced in the hot afternoon hours so racing can be done by early afternoon so that the  kart racers and big car racers can go race where they choose. How could that be tearing down any track. Currently the kart track has even moved to Friday nights and this last Friday was moved as to not conflict with the Sunday night event at STS.  You speak about Edna and STS running opposite what about I37 and soon to be L87 which are closer to Corpus than Edna.These are great times for racers to choose where to race at.

The discussions about competing tracks in nearby locations is always lively, to say the least. 

We all have our favorite tracks and our not-so-favorite tracks, but it's always been that way and, human nature being what it is, it probably will always be like that.

I do enjoy these conversations, though, but they do need to stay away from getting too personal...

Nick

As a fan I'm glad the three tracks are doing so well. STS is doing just fine without the ones who choose not to run there. Most of those are sportmods and STS has been averaging about 18 without them and still has the best sportmod class top to bottom. Not saying TRP or I-37 are not good because theirs are great too. And STS stands have been pretty full all season so I don't see the defectors are having any effect.  As for STS scheduling opposite of TRP , I think that would revitalize the street stock class for STS. And me thinks I-37  would continue to be opposite of STS. Bottom line is if you take care of the racers that do come to your track and build from there it doesn't matter what the other ones do. All three are doing this and it shows in their car counts and butts in their stands. You have two promoters in their first year and the other in their second year. The success they are having tells me they are doing a great job. STS had two big payouts for Pure Stocks and Sportmods and the South Texas Shootout looks to be the biggest event in South Texas Speedway history. So if racers choose not to support for whatever reason I guess it is their loss. Besides there will be those that will and it will grow from there. So this fan says THANK YOU!! to Mr. Dinsman , Mr. Doyon and especially Mr. Whiteaker for a job well done! 

On 9/2/2018 at 12:05 PM, fullview said:

Well Promotion Guy, I totally disagree with your comment. Racers currently have the option to choose which track they would like to run at and I believe that is a great thing to have these days. All tracks in this region not  just the two you mentioned certainly appreciate the racers coming to their tracks. Your childish comment about the Kart track has no ground to stand on as the kart track officials have  gone out of their way to not have a scheduling  conflict with all three tracks at this time. They raced in the hot afternoon hours so racing can be done by early afternoon so that the  kart racers and big car racers can go race where they choose. How could that be tearing down any track. Currently the kart track has even moved to Friday nights and this last Friday was moved as to not conflict with the Sunday night event at STS.  You speak about Edna and STS running opposite what about I37 and soon to be L87 which are closer to Corpus than Edna.These are great times for racers to choose where to race at.

Said nothing negative about having track options, nothing about the effort put in by officials nor the scheduling. I know alot of effort has been put in to that place, i respect that plus I have personal relations with some of them officials. You say childish? I say whats more childish the politics behind the scenes keeping everyone in the area from working together or me making a post that alot seem to be avoiding. Its a shame because if the hatchet could be barried the sky is the limit for this area.  Besides that they were pretty organized, ran a good program, facility looked better then expected and the racing was intense.

Archived