ASCS at Battleground

top_shelf_12

just felt bad for not knowing a lot of names. Not in Houston very often and only knew a few names. Next step I guess is driver interviews and a better camera than a cell phone camera.

When I first started there were a couple options....I'd befriend a local and get most of the names from them or go to pay shack after races and copy all the names....With a cell phone that should be easy now days....Back then the only "cell" phones were bag phones and my pager didn't take pictures....LMAO

Most cell phones now have voice recorders and some have better photo capabilities than two of my three cameras.

BGS sound system was a little fuzzy and being a larger track surrounded by trees, the place is a little louder than usual. I'm not in Houston too much so I only recognized a few that have raced here, could read on the car, seen in pictures on Facebook. They started pretty quickly so was a little difficult to catch and memorize the names. Didn't see programs and obviously don't know track officials there to get a list of drivers and definitely didn't want to upset anyone by using wrong names or saying anything that may be presumed as bashing. At least the drivers I've talked to here know I mean nothing personal towards them if I say something a little edgy, it's just my perspective from where I was sitting. I know you're usually at 37, so when I go, I stay off of here. As for the camera on my phone, not bad for stationary or slow moving shots, but when the cars are at speed, it's a little difficult, plus Ron Skinner was there so he has plenty of great shots. Massey does a great job here, Rachel and you at 37, so photography is covered lol. I did slack on my posting of victory lane shots I usually do here but two reasons for that, 1. Didn't want to drive 45 minutes in Houston with no charge on the phone and 2. Didn't know any of the drivers. Hell, it was a last minute decision to even post the results and I'm sure I was off on the ASCS race. Thought Cody Stacy got up to third when I saw them cross the line, didn't think Chanin lapped too many cars.

Don't hesitate to identify yourself to the track management and let them know you're doing live updates on Lone Star Speedzone. They should give you access to the tower or at least to scoring for the line ups.

Nick

Archived