I-37 Speedway updates 7/14/18

rebelracewriter

Interesting night as the track was very challenging . I hope Patrick Kelly is feeling better as that was a tough roll . Same goes to Howie Marcz as having a car fall out of the air on top of had to be an experience. This track gets more fun each time I go. Poker night , all the giveaways and the atmosphere makes this a most fan friendly track! My pick for driver of the night goes to Jared Maupin. Ran strong in the Sportmod (only the 2nd race in a Sportmod) and drove a smart, patient race in Pure Stock going from 10th to 2nd. 

Made sure it was okay to run open for one feature, but if you’d like to sponsor the closing of the rear of the 41 you’re more than welcome to swing by and say hi Saturday night. Also curious if you had any pictures of any of the other street stocks on there first outing?

19 hours ago, Jones41 said:

Made sure it was okay to run open for one feature, but if you’d like to sponsor the closing of the rear of the 41 you’re more than welcome to swing by and say hi Saturday night. Also curious if you had any pictures of any of the other street stocks on there first outing?

Jones,

You are a veteran and multiple time track champion at I-37. At the opening race this season at I-37 your old car was compliant with the newly added rule (enclose the rear end to the top of the bumper) for the 2018 race season...as were most others. So, it is obvious you know the rule. So ignorance is NOT an excuse really. Granted it was the first time the car was raced, but not the first "outing" at I-37...you brought the car for a presumed "shake down" the previous race night at I-37 as well. But, again, that should be totally irrelevant since you are fully aware of the rule. You have been announcing the coming of this car since early last season. So, you didn't just show up on a whim, you had time to be fully "ready". To my knowledge you haven't raced anywhere besides I-37 for more than a year. So, when I-37 street stock is your one, and only rule set...I don't see giving you a "pass" on disregarding a clearly written (ie black and white) rule in this class. It surprises me that I-37 would be OK with the infraction from a local/regular racers...especially since they made point to ADD this new rule for 2018. Anyway, with your success you should expect to be held to the highest standard...it comes with the territory. I am glad to hear you asked, but disappointed that I-37 let a local racer disregard a clear rule...that is a slippery slope!

Lastly, I whole heartily agree with letting new cars with minor rule infraction race...IF they are given a reasonable penalty, such as add #50, etc. Obviously more serious violations(rule differences) warrant more serious "adjustments" and/or considerations.

POINT: when you run well there will always be someone looking...

It is what it is..I’m not on here crying about anything..like I said you can come discuss it at my pit and we can talk about it or hide behind the computer, I do t even get on here to look was just told about this post. This is old news. Get over it. And if we can get 5 more competitive street stocks who cares if the rear is open. It damn sure didn’t slow the car down 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not that I expect anyone to follow the most posts. But both of my most recent posts have been regarding rules at I-37 that were NOT enforced.

With local circle tracks closing at an alarming rate, you would think track owners and promoters would ensure controversy's in rule enforcement were avoided at ALL costs.

My only goal is to point out these "oversights" so hopefully the track will act on the their own rules. Fellow competitors and spectators do care! It can do nothing but hurt their business...which isn't good for anyone who loves racing.

Just my $.02

Archived