Jason Johnson airlifted after WoO crash in Wisconsin

Sadly Jason didn't survive....I've known Jason and his mom from his ASCS days where she did all the line ups, scoring, etc.

World of OutlawsVerified account @WorldofOutlaws
FollowFollow @WorldofOutlaws
More

With heavy hearts, we inform you of the passing of Jason Johnson. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. Please send prayers and respect their privacy.

A personal favorite - Used to see him all the time around here, since he was from Louisiana. One of those people who you think is too good to get caught in a fatal wreck.  A reminder that it can happen to anyone.  

Very sad to see.  The sprint car world lost a talent, for sure.

According to Hoseheads there were several tragedies in this.  One - his wife had been the fiance to another sprint car driver killed on the track, and two,  some particulars of the track construction that almost certainly contributed.  

According to Hoseheads there were several tragedies in this.  One - his wife had been the fiance to another sprint car driver killed on the track, and two,  some particulars of the track construction that almost certainly contributed. 

Yes, his wife Bobbi, was engaged to Kevin Gobrecht who we lost at I-80 Spwy in 1999....

Seeing the videos will tell you a lot about how this happened....Not all on the track....He was squeezed  up into K-rail to get it started....Then a string of bad circumstances, the perfect storm, if you will....

A personal favorite - Used to see him all the time around here, since he was from Louisiana. One of those people who you think is too good to get caught in a fatal wreck.  A reminder that it can happen to anyone.  

Mine too....His mom, was the one that did the line ups, scoring, etc for ASCS Gulf South Region so I got to know her covering their shows. I actually spoke to her at CBS this year before the WoO show rained out. Very nice lady, was looking forward to travelling to Australia and New Zealand to watch him him race down there this winter(for us). 

This is so crazy...We went to the WoO show in houston Feb 2016 and was talking with his dad in a  motor coach they were selling and jason was rt outside talking to his pit guys. Absolutely unbelievable! Very nice people. Prayers out to his family and friends..Jason was one of the drivers I watched a lot because of his style and smoothness on the track. RIP Ragin Cajun!

ROCKY MOUNT, MISSOURI (June 26, 2018) – I will begin by saying I miss Jason so much. My heart hurts because of the loss of my husband and Jaxx’s daddy. I have cried. I have prayed. And, my heart has smiled as I think about all the good times I had with Jason and how blessed we were as a couple. And then I have cried some more, which is ok. I know he loved both me and Jaxx so much as he made sure we knew through the things he told us every day and the stuff he did with us as we travelled up and down the road together chasing our dreams . . . TOGETHER AS A FAMILY. We were together as a family all of the time. We spent 24 hours a day, 7 days a week together as a FAMILY – A LOVING FAMILY. It was just the three of us until we arrived at the track and were surrounded by the racing community – OUR FRIENDS. I will miss sharing that for sure with Jason.

Jason loved sprint car racing from the day I met him. That is part of what I loved so much about him when we started dating. His passion for racing only grew through our time together. It was a common area of interest and passion for each of us. Racing is a sport we both love very much, and now Jaxx does too as he always wants to be at the track or racing his cars in the motorhome! We enjoy the friendships we have built with the other drivers and teams, as well as, their families. We were, and still are, a FAMILY. Over the past four years, Jason took a lot of pride racing against the best drivers in the business with the World of Outlaws every night. It certainly was not easy, but he worked hard to be competitive and get better behind the wheel. He was intense and always focused on his work as a race team owner away from the track to make sure he was doing everything needed to meet our sponsorship partners’ expectations. If he was not working with Phil (Dietz) and the crew on the car, he was on the phone talking to someone from his family, a friend we met through racing, or one of our manufacturers or sponsors. We have so many wonderful relationships with all of the teams and their families, as well as, all of our unwavering fans.

As I look back on the events of this past Saturday night, it is really hard to put in words for me. At least writing them down, as most of you know how I talk. I was so happy Jason set quick time and then he won his heat to earn a spot in the Dash where he finished third. As racers and owners know, none of those races pay anything to win, but they sure set you up better for the end of the night. The one race that pays. I was excited for the A-Main, as I knew we had a fast car and Jason and the team were confident. When he took the lead from Daryn Pittman we were cheering him on, but realized it was early in the race yet. That joy and excitement turned to deep sorrow quickly, not only for our family, but the whole racing community. As it turned out, we all lost Jason that night. It hurts for all of us. It was a racing accident. No one’s fault. Just two great drivers racing hard for the lead at Beaver Dam. My heart goes out to Daryn, Mandy and their beautiful daughters. Daryn has always raced us clean and did on this night for sure. No this or that, just clean hard racing. I will be forever grateful for their family and I will keep them in my prayers as I realize this is a difficult time for them too.

Let’s stay together as a racing family, the one Jason and I always loved together being a part of, so we can care for one another during not only this time, but all the time. Treat each other right no matter what. Let’s commit to pray for strength for each other and better days ahead for everyone. That is what Jason would want for all of us. I am heartbroken for sure, but so grateful for you all and the support you all have shown! Thank you! #FOREVER41

Love y’all,

Bobbi Johnson

Rest in piece ...by her words I missed out on knowing them .harder days are ahead for them with silent   around the shop home and other places they have traveled together  . young man will miss his dad greatly and will need all the racing family to help him through the troubled times healing will take time , racers give him the guidance he will need through all this , mom will need the same ..

SAD loss for all of racing ... God Speed in Healing ....

11 hours ago, rebelracewriter said:

ROCKY MOUNT, MISSOURI (June 26, 2018) – I will begin by saying I miss Jason so much. My heart hurts because of the loss of my husband and Jaxx’s daddy. I have cried. I have prayed. And, my heart has smiled as I think about all the good times I had with Jason and how blessed we were as a couple. And then I have cried some more, which is ok. I know he loved both me and Jaxx so much as he made sure we knew through the things he told us every day and the stuff he did with us as we travelled up and down the road together chasing our dreams . . . TOGETHER AS A FAMILY. We were together as a family all of the time. We spent 24 hours a day, 7 days a week together as a FAMILY – A LOVING FAMILY. It was just the three of us until we arrived at the track and were surrounded by the racing community – OUR FRIENDS. I will miss sharing that for sure with Jason.

Jason loved sprint car racing from the day I met him. That is part of what I loved so much about him when we started dating. His passion for racing only grew through our time together. It was a common area of interest and passion for each of us. Racing is a sport we both love very much, and now Jaxx does too as he always wants to be at the track or racing his cars in the motorhome! We enjoy the friendships we have built with the other drivers and teams, as well as, their families. We were, and still are, a FAMILY. Over the past four years, Jason took a lot of pride racing against the best drivers in the business with the World of Outlaws every night. It certainly was not easy, but he worked hard to be competitive and get better behind the wheel. He was intense and always focused on his work as a race team owner away from the track to make sure he was doing everything needed to meet our sponsorship partners’ expectations. If he was not working with Phil (Dietz) and the crew on the car, he was on the phone talking to someone from his family, a friend we met through racing, or one of our manufacturers or sponsors. We have so many wonderful relationships with all of the teams and their families, as well as, all of our unwavering fans.

As I look back on the events of this past Saturday night, it is really hard to put in words for me. At least writing them down, as most of you know how I talk. I was so happy Jason set quick time and then he won his heat to earn a spot in the Dash where he finished third. As racers and owners know, none of those races pay anything to win, but they sure set you up better for the end of the night. The one race that pays. I was excited for the A-Main, as I knew we had a fast car and Jason and the team were confident. When he took the lead from Daryn Pittman we were cheering him on, but realized it was early in the race yet. That joy and excitement turned to deep sorrow quickly, not only for our family, but the whole racing community. As it turned out, we all lost Jason that night. It hurts for all of us. It was a racing accident. No one’s fault. Just two great drivers racing hard for the lead at Beaver Dam. My heart goes out to Daryn, Mandy and their beautiful daughters. Daryn has always raced us clean and did on this night for sure. No this or that, just clean hard racing. I will be forever grateful for their family and I will keep them in my prayers as I realize this is a difficult time for them too.

Let’s stay together as a racing family, the one Jason and I always loved together being a part of, so we can care for one another during not only this time, but all the time. Treat each other right no matter what. Let’s commit to pray for strength for each other and better days ahead for everyone. That is what Jason would want for all of us. I am heartbroken for sure, but so grateful for you all and the support you all have shown! Thank you! #FOREVER41

Love y’all,

Bobbi Johnson

This lady is one in a million.  May God bless her and Jaxx through all this.  Intense prayers for this situation are being offered by many, including me.

1 hour ago, NickHolt said:

This lady is one in a million.  May God bless her and Jaxx through all this.  Intense prayers for this situation are being offered by many, including me.

Indeed!  In her time of misery her instinct is to think of others.  Surely needful of help, nonetheless.

Archived