Results from South Texas Speedway, June 9

NickHolt

Last year we started and finished every race and only went one lap down the whole season from two flats during one feature ..darn near won the championship and that was not our goal and very few ever have that kind of season . and one would say your crazy for not being happy with that season .we were but our goal was not accomplished ..to win a feature was left on the table our main goal and boy we lost five features in a role for various reasons ..and looked like this one was going to be a repeat of last year with that feature goal .. maybe we did it all wrong last year cuz the last four race nights have not been good to us .we have had the four corner dance each of those four race nights .all four corners of that car have taken a beating ..all we wanted to do lately was start near the front and get a good run in and work our way towards a win ..earn it the way you should you should ..we knew we had to start near the top six to have a chance to get a good finish .did not even think about winning ..well the driver ask me if that was good enough seeing their isn't anything further up past first place .., I said what do we do now ....we both said retire .... I have to give the track a shake the track was good enough for us ,and give the 8 a that aboy for clean racing  and maybe all other drivers can see you don't have to wreck someone to have a great TIME ...the fans got a good race ...and yes luck finally came our way ...

well dry mouth that whole race wasn't so much fun .water works wonders ..I never drink after someone but at the time what the hell ......winning  felt really good but a relief of knowing it finally happened was worth all the bs we have gone through lately .one thing is we never give up ..we have been racing  over half a century and know the time will come when you get what you work for and know the time will come to hang it up . we are up  in our age and i t isn't time to give it up just yet ..lol .we enjoy this too much when things go right . poor jesse has had to work his butt off on all the damage mainly by himself I have been really tied up this year with other things to help him much ..and hope he sees it was all worth it ....girls just want to have fun  .was the old song .   but these two old men in a shed just want to have fun as well .........

thanks arob ..jesse said the car wasn't all that great overall   but found a couple of spots on the track to make headway that 8 was a faster car if he had been in the front a second may have been the finish ..still working to get the set up we had the first night  all those four corner dances this year have taken a toll on this car ...we threw three things at it before that feature and helped some what and really don't know which one helped the most I don't   really like doing that but if you aint going forward do something .may get lucky...their are least four cars min faster than us so we have our work cut out .. btw we had help with the other cars in front of us having issues ..how much that played into the race I cant say ...

If we couldn't get the win, it was good to see Jesse get it.  He clearly deserved the win, driving hard but very respectful to his competition. We dont enjoy finishing 2nd but when you race that tight and hard without tearing up each others cars then you tip your hat to the winner and shake his hand. Well earned. The cautions for us fell at the wrong times. We will come back and try harder! Good job to the #7 team...

Hats off to the number 8 as well. There were several times where he could force his way by but chose to race straight up instead. As a fan this is more exciting to see than shoving or body slamming their way through. Thank you Mr. Danielson.

South .tx . promotion . jesse knows about those cautions  several races last year we would take the lead only to have a caution come out at the wrong time ..lost the races .or caution would come out and cool the tires and lose the race that way or driver would lose his mojo and lose .we lost a race leading 19 and 3/4 laps trusting a driver just like jesse trusted your brother only to get body slammed in turn three . he trusted your brother  knowing that could happen again and was glad the driver in the 8 had more talent .and cared to race clean , it will be a pleasure to beat that car again just the same or lose to it just the same it is a fast car and I know we have work to do to catch up and look forward to the battle .their are a few drivers 127 889 .8m 28m and others I cant think of  right now whom  we love racing them . .

. Arob that is what i thought real racers do race hard and as clean as you can be things will happen you can bet but respect each other and know the difference ,,,,,, 

john  I  spoke to jesse on what you posted . its good to know at least there is one fan in the stands even better to know there are more ....thanks

I was not there for the race. But I enjoy good CLEAN hard racing. This gives me more pleasure to watch than someone thinking 8 wheels turns better than 4. Congratulations on the win!!!

I LOOK at this way if you have talent ,  skills . knowledge of what it takes or take the time to learn  . caring attitude   .don't like working on your car all the time from damage that should not  have to happen . want to beat the best cleanly  then I want you on the track ...if you have to use body slams .running over another to advance your position specially when your up against and equal competitor .then stay home cuz you lost all the other mentioned . it does not take much talent  skills knowledge  to wreck others ...

When I raced I wasn't in it for the points championship. At that time I was traveling a lot and there was no way I could run for points. I never had the money or time it took to be that competitive. Sure it was nice to win a heat race once in a while. I raced because I love the sport and always have. I tried to be as respectful to all the other racers on the track the best I could. If I saw the leaders were coming up on me I would signal for them which side to go around me. Usually it was to the right. But for some reason it always seemed that people had to go to the inside of me going into the turns. My left side was beat to crap. Sure I could have been on top but we were always told low is slow. Some individuals would just slammed the hell out of me just for their own kicks I guess. I always let it go. I'd rather take the hits than to confront. Just go about my business. This is one reason I decided I had had enough and quit racing. I cannot stand racers who have hot heads, disrespect other drivers and all they want to do is fight either on the track or the pits. It took the fun out of it for me. I had "Playin' It Straight" across the back of my car. That's how I wanted to race, straight and clean and wanted other racers to do the same.

I figure if your one of em that just loves to run over others your in the wrong class .some racetracks have demo.s .  I use to have one driver who would hit me every chance he could get  .did not matter if I moved over he hit me anyway ...so one night I had enough and turned hard left knowing he was going to hit me as I let him by .man he was  good at saving a car .but he never touched me again ...   i   could       have hurt him so I  learned to cool down and go speak with the driver after words .....seems to work even when they are mad ....jesse got hit and turned a couple of weeks back by a fool from another track and that cost him both rear axels  hope that driver reads this ...a little patience could have changed all that .then the drivers puts both arms up a what the hell deal he hit us from behind ...he will get a visit ...  sad some cant read the back of your car radical or give a damn in its meaning ,could use you on the track .

Some drivers don't like or understand  competition their drive to be ahead over powers  their thought process its the I cant finish second thought that kills them .never realizing that comes with a cost to them self or others ..usually the others pay the price , they in turn pay a price they don't seem to think of .Respect . I can sit there and figure out or know who will be the ones who  cant or except they lack talent  caring  to race hard clean .move over I am coming through and I don't want to work hard at either  some think I have the money to make my car faster I can afford the green backs no problem or daddy will fix it all and never learn the most money the best equipment will not always  buy you the win , a win is more than the checker  .... you look at our cars they aren't near the most  impressive cars nothing fancy home built and some would say junk. but I love that junk and its more fun to beat someone or give a hell of a battle  with the best equipment at times that is a bigger win than the checkers .that puts the drivers talent behind the wheel ...the best car did not win Saturday night , it took  some luck ,it took hard work for what he has .caring .skills .some talent including the other driver racing him to accomplish  that win  man was that a fun race ..we sat back said hey may not get another win  but that night he had to drive his best find a line hope for the best buy a little luck and wished it all came together . Whataburger should tasted better that night . we just wanted a good finish in that race we were able to afford cheese on our burgers just one slice though ...

Archived