Wisconsin Weekend for Texan Aaron Reutzel after another WoO Podium

Wisconsin Weekend for Reutzel after another WoO Podium

CLUTE, Texas (May 16, 2018) –  Aaron Reutzel and the Baughman-Reutzel Motorsports No. 87 Sprint Car team will venture to another pair of tracks for the first time this weekend as All Star Circuit of Champions competition fires back into action.

It will be a Wisconsin weekend for the Clute, TX, racer as he takes the All Star points lead into Saturday’s card at the Plymouth Dirt Track at the Sheboygan County Fairgrounds before moving on to Sun Prairie’s Angell Park Speedway on Sundaynight.

After capturing his first All Star win in the series most recent outing at Hartford, Ohio’s Sharon Speedway on May 5, Reutzel took in last weekend’s three-race set of World of Outlaws competition in Ohio and Indiana.

And, the Folkens Brothers Tucking/Dissolvalloy Downhole Revolution Triple-X Sprint Car team made its presence known, leading a portion of Friday’s #LetRaceTwo event at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio, before posting a podium finish on Saturday night and then rounding out the weekend at Haubstadt, Indiana’s Tri-State Speedway on Sunday.

The #LetsRaceTwo weekend started with Reutzel timing in eighth among Friday’s 37-car field and then landing a spot in the Dash with a runner-up heat race finish.

“We drew late and were still able to lay down a good lap,” the driver of the Precision Catalyst/Hollywood Blasting & Coating/Beard Equipment entry says.  “Then we were really good in the Dash and picked up a couple of positions after drawing the eight.”

Starting sixth in the feature, Reutzel was on the move as he looked for his second World of Outlaws win of the season aboard the Nattress Construction/Momentum Racing Suspensions machine.  Reutzel rallied past both Donny Schatz and early leader Jac Haudenschild to take command on the 12th round only to get into the turn one wall the next time around to bring an early end to the strong run.

“We got right up there in the feature, I kinda bounced off the wall once and it gave us a really good run,” Reutzel recalls.  “Then I got the lead and got a little too confident one time, it sucked me in and there was no saving it.”

While Reutzel raced into the lead quickly, he knew there was little time to cruise atop the Eldora high-banked oval.  “I felt like Donny was just cruising, I was trying to run off from him while I could and it didn’t work out,” Reutzel explains.

With a new car in place for Saturday’s #LetsRaceTwo finale at Eldora, Reutzel timed in fourth and then won his heat race before finishing fourth in the Dash.

Reutzel then raced to a solid third-place finish in the feature to finish off the Eldora portion of the weekend.

“Comparing the car we had Friday night to what we had on Saturday night, we just weren’t as good,” Reutzel explains.  “We were just a third-place car.  With the track smooth and dead slick, we were too loose.”

Reutzel and the BRM team wrapped up the weekend on Sunday night at Haubstadt’s Tri-State Speedway with a 24th-place feature finish.

Reutzel started the night strong by qualifying third among his group but a heat race infraction proved costly.

“They said I jumped the start and put us back a row, that pretty much ruined our night,” Reutzel said.

He went on to win the “B” Main before making an early exit in the feature.

“We were good in the B, but the motor got a little hot and we didn’t have much time to fix it,” Reutzel recalls.  “It was still doing the same thing in the feature so we just pulled in.”

Points are back on the line in All Star action this weekend as Reutzel gets his first look at a pair of Wisconsin tracks.

2018 Quick Stats:  18 races, 2 wins, 7 top-fives, 9 top-tens.

Up Next:  All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Cars at the Plymouth (WI) Dirt Track-Sheboygan County Fairgrounds on Saturday and then Angell Park Speedway (Sun Prairie, WI) on Sunday.

Keep Track:  Keep track of Aaron Reutzel’s on-track action including schedule and results at http://www.aaronreutzelracing.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aaron-Reutzel-Racing/117666254913127 or on Twitter at @AaronReutzel.  You can also e-mail Aaron at aaronreutzel@yahoo.com.

If you would like Aaron Reutzel Racing press releases e-mailed directly to you, send your e-mail address to Lonnie Wheatley at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.

Archived