Another NASCAR discussion--this is about drivers

Josh42

I was watching some old videos the other day on the ole YouTube and there was drivers like Ward Burton, Kenny Wallace, Kenny Irwin, Ken Schrader, Dale Earnhardt, Dale Jarrett, Rusty Wallace you know the usual subjects from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's.  That's back when NASCAR had racers not spokespeople who are drivers. So my question today is who of the drivers today in NASCAR are the real racers?  Who are the ones that you literally look at and go how did they get a ride?

In my opinion your real racers in NASCAR today are: Kyle Larson, Ricky Stenhouse, Ryan Newman, Kyle Busch, Clint Bowyer, Kevin Harvick, Matt Kenseth--- all of these guys will go get in some other kind of race car and do good.

Ones I question how they got a ride or still have a ride: Trevor Bayne (which that is being cured), I do see a lot of racers who have done something great once but haven't done anything else since.

10 hours ago, Josh42 said:

I say Stenhouse because he isn't afraid to get in a midget or sprint car and go race.  When he does get in one he usually does pretty decent.

I can agree with that. Stewart and Harvick for sure.

Think you guys covered them all. And for me this is the problem with NASCAR. Hard to relate to any of the competitors. 

Never thought I would cheer on Stinkhouse. But he has been making things exciting lately. 

Archived