South Texas Dirt Track Opening Nights

arob

South Texas Speedway , I-37 Speedway and Texana Raceway Park have completed their opening nights and one sure thing race fans are the big winners. All three had big nights at the gate and on the track.

Texana had the best Street Stock race . South Texas Speedway the best Sportmods and I-37 Speedway the best overall show.

TRP won the best customer experience IMO with the best concession stand (best burger and homemade chili to name 2)where credit/debit cards were accepted as well at the front gate. Add to that the T-Shirt or cap drawing from your admission ticket and a chance to win $25 from the driver signed Frisbee giveaway. Another nice touch was giving their half of the 50/50 drawing to a local charity.

I-37 won the car count (100 cars in 6 classes) and some good racing.The announce team of Milton Hope and Owen Pittman adds to the fun. At the rate I-37 is going they are going to have to upgrade to some bigger grandstands soon!

South Texas Speedway offers the fastest track and comfortable seating and the Turn 5 bar with AC to get out of the heat that will be on us soon. STS has hands down the best top to bottom Sportmod class around. Intense racing throughout the pack and little seperation. It is worth it just to see them. The support classes are a bonus.

So race fans if you are near any of these race tracks when they are racing stop in and see some fun , great racing. We need to support these promoters. STS and TRP have first year promoters that have put in a lot of work and money into their tracks. I37 is in their second year where their promoters resurrected a track that had been closed for 5 years or so . An enormous amount of work and investment was put in and they continue to add on this season to make it the successful place it is today.

When visiting be sure to look up and thank Kenny Densman at TRP , Ray Doyon at I-37 and Steve Whiteaker Jr. at STS for stepping up and providing great entertainment for we fans to enjoy. Not to be left out are all the great racers and their families that race at these tracks. Gonna be a great 2018!

Well the only other way was to run on Friday night. And that is not an option for TRP. It is better for TRP to be the same as STS. More cars from STS go to I37 than TRP. I Know almost half the Sportmods at TRP 's opening were STS cars. But not for the other classes. So TRP only has one way to go in Sportmod.

Archived