Danica's replacement? Your thoughts.....

NickHolt

I am with arob  few things from what I saw she can drive .I know their are other female drivers I have heard of but haven't really seen them racing ..I don't watch much racing on tv anymore ..boring ..... but who ever it is  I hope it is because they have earned it behind the wheel and not just another two piece suit posing in front of a what 57 chevy ..see I don't care how good looking  racers are how nice a female looks more so I want respectful honest down to earth hard charging racers who love the sport of racing for what it is meant to be . . I miss the dirty faces sweaty look that nascar drivers use to look like  .I don't think drivers today could  hold a candle to running in cars of our pass 50 60 70s and even 80 drivers ... I still look for a hair out of place  just one would be nice when a driver climbs out after a  500 mile race ..

The female drivers who have a chance of making  it up to the top have spent many years behind the wheel racing stock car and have a better understanding of what it takes to handle a stock car .Danica did not come through that crop of racing .. not saying she didn't have the talent  she just didn't have the learning curve growing up  a   driver needs  to have in stock cars .Danica needed to race just about everything she could if she wanted or sponsors and team would put her in . dirt ,trucks you get the picture  .. I say the future of nascar  female drivers  coming up through the system looks very bright ...

Edited by HiTech

I hate to say it but you cant really judge how someone races at just Daytona.  Yes the track is big and fast and you race in big packs but as we saw with the 500 it can take mediocre teams and make them look fast.  Like I heard a top tier cup driver say one time after being involved in the big one at Daytona, "we go to Atlanta next week that's when the real season starts".  So lets watch what these ladies do all throughtout the year and then see where they are at. I think the one who has the better shot is Deegan,  she is racing for Bill MCAnally Racing in the K&N Series West full time and part time in the East.  Decker is only racing ARCA and I feel like a driver is more likely to be plucked the K&N series than ARCA.

We've met her a few times.  Ugh.
NASCAR has priced most teams out of business.  It's incredible what it takes to get to the track, much less to be competitive.

Local racing is FUN FUN FUN, especially if everyone will remember this:
We're racing for a few hundred dollars.  ($75.00 of yours from pit passes)  Don't tear up everyone's equipment and cause $3,000 in damage to "win" a couple of hundred.

Keep your attitudes in "check" and race respectfully.  Don't go into a corner and use the lead car as a brake.  

R E S P E C T.

• 1 year later...

Here's a release from Niece motorsports regarding Natalie Decker: 

Natalie Decker to Pilot No. 44 for Niece Motorsports in Partial Schedule

STATESVILLE, N.C. (Jan. 16, 2020) – Natalie Decker will pilot the No. 44 Chevrolet Silverado for Niece Motorsports in the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series (NGROTS) on a part-time basis during the 2020 season.

Decker will make her debut with Niece Motorsports in the first race of the 2020 season, at Daytona International Speedway.

“Change is inevitable, change is expected and exciting, and change is also frightening,” said Decker.  “But this year is a year I’m ready for!  I have never felt so prepared with my health, in the gym, and mentally.  There are so many things to be excited about working with Niece Motorsports, starting with my teammates Ross and Ty.  I’m ready to learn from them and be 100% open minded going into the season!”

Decker made 19 starts in the NGROTS last year for DGR Crosley.  Decker joins Ty Majeski, Ross Chastain and Carson Hocevar, who will all race for Niece Motorsports in 2020.

“We are excited to have Natalie join the team,” said team owner Al Niece.  “Natalie has shown a lot of talent, and we are excited to see her continue to develop that at Niece Motorsports.  We are certain we will put her in competitive equipment that will really give her a chance to shine.”

Decker got her star racing go-karts in her native Wisconsin, where she won four track championships.  From there, she made the move into full-sized stock cars.  She was the CWSSA Super Stock champion out of a talented field of 35 drivers.  Success continued in the Limited Late Model division, where she won one race and had two podium finishes.

Next, Decker moved into the competitive Late Model ranks, completing every lap of the World Series of Stock Car Racing at Florida’s New Smyrna Speedway in 2013.  Her on-track success led her to being selected to the 2013 and 2014 NASCAR Rev Racing Drive for Diversity combine.

At State Park Speedway in Wisconsin, Decker had 10 fast times and seven feature races in 2014, leading her to the track championship.  She was also the Rookie of the Year and finished fourth in overall points in the State Park Super Late Model division.

Decker also won in the Super Late Model division at Wisconsin’s Golden Sands Speedway and on the competitive TUNDRA Super Late Model series in the upper Midwest in 2014.

In 2015, Decker was selected by NASCAR to be a part of the NASCAR Drive for Diversity program, with proven race-winning team Rev Racing.  She battled week-in-and-week-out against the top short track racers in the country at “The Birthplace of the NASCAR Stars,” Hickory Motor Speedway.  

Decker turned heads at Hickory and beyond with the Rev Racing team and also saw plenty of success with her family-operated Super Late Model at tracks from Wisconsin to Florida, with wins at Golden Sands and State Park Speedways.

Decker became the first female racer to score a podium finish in the ARCA Midwest Tour.  Her success in the state of Florida through the season also earned Decker the prestigious title of NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Rookie of the Year in the Sunshine State.

In 2018, Decker earned the pole and finished fifth in the ARCA Racing Series at Daytona International Speedway.  She finished seventh overall in the ARCA Racing Series point standings.

About Niece Motorsports: 

Niece Motorsports is owned by United States Marine Corps Veteran Al Niece.  In 2020, Niece Motorsports enters its fifth season in the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series.  Niece also owns Niece Equipment, which has for over 40 years provided clients with reliable products at competitive prices.  Niece Equipment’s reputation is built on service, integrity and dependability.  The company provides water and fuel / lube trucks that are engineered with quality and durability in mind for the construction and mining industry.  Follow the team on Facebook and Instagram @NieceMotorsports as well as Twitter @NieceMotorsport.

I'm pulling for whichever "girl power" candidate proves to be the quickest competitor for future Motorsport entertainment.   We need genuine racing ladies that relate to female fans!

Edited by BeachBum

Well at least the fab guys at Niece will be busy.  I'm sorry she might be able to drive sports cars but she still hasn't shown me anything in a truck or arca car except that money can definitely buy her a ride.  If it wasn't for deep pockets and her looks she wouldn't have a ride.

Tim/Josh:

Maybe U2 should just wish "anyone" who gets in a race car ... best of luck & safe racing? 

It's easier to stomach for the rest of us who "genuinely" support the sport...

United we race ... divided we don't!