2018 Street Stock Rules

Darty

• 3 weeks later...

Why did you guys change weight rule? Texana, STS, and I37 used to all have same rules. Made it nice if you want to run somewhere else. Now STS and I37 changed and all 3 have different rules. Seems like all three tracks would be better off getting together to get more cars.

can either one of you point out what BIG changes were made by STS ?  I  haven't looked at every single line of the rules but from a quick look:

STS: min weight 3050 @ 53% ,1 bead lock RR only, no racing transmissions

I-37 : min weight 3100 @ 53.5 % , crate @ 3050 ,add 50 lbs for open motor so 3150 total? , bead locks allowed front/rear on right, bert,brinn,falcon racing transmissions allowed or mini clutches allowed.

Texana: min weight 3150 @ 53%,1 bead lock  RR ,only  no racing transmissions

I'm just trying to understand what you guys are talking about or seeing and yes we do have a street stock

I am good with our STS rules, very little change from last year compared to I37 changes. Of course its our option to race against the Street Stock Series when they roll into town and if we do we will be an underdog racing against their rules. This maybe why I37 changed as much as they did.

I didnt say it was huge change just asked why when rules have pretty much been the same at all three and class has grown would all three have different rules now.  Just dont make much sense, but to each their own. I dont care what they change just wish they would all stsy on same page. Doesnt seem like woukd be that hard for all tracks to pick up phone and agree on same rule package.

It was much easier for the tracks to go with shootout rules several years ago and stay with them. Without the shootout tracks now think for themselves and make decisions based on what they think is best. I37 obviously thinks this Lone Star series is a big thing for them. Thats my guess at why they made such big changes so close the beginning of this year. Due to talking with STS this offseason he was trying to leave rules alone the best as possible so you only saw minimum change from him. If the Lone star series comes in full force this year to Edna my guess is the locals will be very handicapped against them. With the way the schedule lays out I think the street stocks of corpus are in a real tough spot.

I dont plan on running with series cars, if I was I would build a car to that classes rules. I think this series could hurt local street stock counts. We have been having pretty good field of cars in edna. I hope some of our regular drivers dont end up chasing this series around other places on home track race nights. If this happens I think this series could hurt local street stocks at all three tracks. The way Street Stock Shootout was scheduled around all the tracks races I feel was better and didnt hurt car counts. Those guys even with 368 cu in rule only have to weigh 2850 and can run ANY cast iron head they want. 

Archived