RIP Jason Marshall #42

MUmscheid 51

My dad, David Umscheid, asked me to post this to Speedzone:

Racing family and friends,

Sadly I am letting you all know about the unexpected Monday passing of Jason Marshall, Driver of the 42 truck and most recently dirt sport mod. Jason was a really good friend to me as well as a lot of you that he raced with over the years. He was always there with a smile or a story to share and always took the time to listen to another  racers' story or problems.  Jason really enjoyed the competition and more importantly the fellowship and camaraderie of our racing family. He loved winning and running well but he also loved just being at the track and being a part of it all. I will miss the races and the nights in the shop laughing and working on the truck with him. I will also miss the early morning phone messages he would leave me saying that he wouldn't see me for a while because had to go to NC because Childress or Hendrick had called him and offered him a ride. Jason leaves behind a wonderful wife Kathy and two beautiful twin children Lily and Cole. They will need our continued love and support as they try to deal and cope with this loss. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Memorial Services are scheduled for 1pm Saturday at
Weed-Corley funeral home. 
1200 Bagdad Road
Leander, TX 78641
512-260-8800.

A go fund me account has been set up for future college expenses. The details are at the site below.

https://www.gofundme.com/jason-marshall-memorial

Godspeed Jason. I will miss you brother.

I was so sorry to hear about Jason this morning.   He was a really nice guy.  I found this picture of Jason and his Pro Truck that was used in the 2009 Thunderhill Raceway Awards Banquet presentation.  My thoughts and prayers are with Jason's family during this very difficult time.

PT Marshall.jpg

Jason will be missed by many.  Every time I would call him he would answer with a Whats up brother man. Guy always had a good attitude about anything and everything. He was the type of guy that could blow a motor a the race track and thirty minutes latter laugh about the whole deal.  I remember when he told me he was on a cattle drive in New Mexico. I said dude what are you doing  learning to be a cowboy? He said no Im already a cowboy haha. He was no guts no glory no fear kinda guy. I will be missing him and the good times at the race track.  My thoughts and and prayers are with the family.

***Service Update***

Jason's service is been moved to Hill Country Bible Church. 

Here’s the new addres:  

Memorial Service is moved to Hill Country Bible Church, Leander Location, (behind Smokey Moes strip center). 1pm.  Reception to follow at Weed Corley (Leander)

11880 Old 2243 West #600

Leander, Tx 78641

Archived